Alyssa Sutherland

Finally have shots of her new Calvin Klein campaign - it's for their yoga wear range, and the pics are great! Haven't found larger ones yet but will look around properly tomorrow.

trendhunter
27701_1_468.jpeg
27701_2_468.jpeg
27701_3_468.jpeg

‘New Movement’ is the tagline for Calvin Klein’s Performance launch. The line is a new hip collection of spandex yoga clothing.

It is a slightly ironic catchphrase, as the practice of yoga is actually based on little or no movement.

These symmetrical black and white photographs of model Alyssa Sutherland in various yoga poses were taken by Nathaniel Goldberg for ad agency Full Contact. Sutherland is obviously an experienced yogi in the discipline, which requires great strength, focus and balance to master.

Yoga is an extremely popular low-impact form of exercise, which only requires a mat for equipment. Oh, and very stylish designer workout wear.

AND - another news article!

http://www.celebrityseek.net/alyssa-sutherland/3903/news.html

389079.jpg

This model loves to eat
Australian fashion model Alyssa Sutherland, 27, has lost count of how many times she has graced the cover of Vogue. It's understandable – the New York based model’s career has so far lasted 12 years.

Sutherland, along with other top Australian models, features in a campaign to raise money for ovarian cancer – Witchery's White Shirt Campaign (see www.witchery.com.au).

Sutherland spoke to New Look to give some insight into her glamorous world.

Things you didn't know about Alyssa Sutherland

Her favourite designer is Jean Paul Gaultier

I got to work with him when I was doing shows back when I was a young spring chicken. I got to do his shows quite a few times. He's fabulous, just hands down my favourite. As a designer, I think he’s one of the few real designers out there. He's so old school. The real height of fashion in the 80s with the supermodels I kind of imagine was like working with him. He picks his girls really specifically for shows, he really creates outfits for the girls. You go in for your fitting with him and he’s so excited – he's made this one thing he thinks is going to look amazing on you. There was one very memorable turquoise dress he made me that was beautiful. It was gorgeous and floaty.

Her best experience as a model was going on safari in Tanzania with sleepwear designer Peter Alexander

It's not being on a catwalk for a worldwide ultra famous couture designer, but it was just the most fun I've had. Peter is just lovely. I really feel in love with Africa, it was one of the most amazing place I've been. I was, each and every day, very happy and grateful for my job.

She loves colour

I don't wear enough colour, I wear way too much black, charcoal and grey. I love being quite monochromatic and leathery. But now, I am really loving purple, deep jewel tones. Deep purples, teals, bright oranges and stuff are what I’m really into.

But hates puffy silhouettes

Honestly, I'm so over these big, blousey, bouffant dresses. I don't think they celebrate women's bodies at all. All I think they do is hide your body if you've got something to flaunt, or make it look like you're trying to hide something.

She hearts NY

For me, it's where I'm very comfortable now. I've been there for quite a few years. Whether I'm working or playing, I know where I want to be. I know where to go to have a really great dinner. There are quite a few spots I hit on a regular basis.

She loves to eat

I've become quite a foodie. I do appreciate a really good dessert. I had a sticky date pudding in New York in an Australian restaurant and it was fabulous.

And hates unhealthy attitudes towards eating

I think that fad diets and going crazy are really bad for you. I am really of the opinion that we should celebrate who we are and what we have. I know how to dress for my figure and I think it’s really important to be comfortable with who you are no matter what size you are. For me, it's about eating like a normal person and not feeling guilty about eating a piece of cake now and then.

She wants to be an actress

I'm at the point where modelling is my bread and butter, but I'm trying to progress and move on to other things. I really want to be an actress. I'm into whatever there is out there. Whether it’s film, television or theatre, I really love it and I'm really passionate about it. I’m hoping things take off.

WWD article.

Calvin Klein Performance Rolls Out Ad Campaign, More Doors For Fall
by Whitney Beckett

Posted Monday September 08, 2008
From WWD Issue 09/08/2008

Calvin Klein is ready to prove it can perform in the activewear arena.

After a soft launch for spring 2008, Calvin Klein Performance is nearly quadrupling its door count to more than 200 doors and is announcing itself publicly with its first ad campaign.

“Millions” of dollars are being spent on Calvin Klein Performance’s marketing push over the next few years that bows this fall, according to Calvin Klein Inc. and licensee G-III Apparel Group Ltd. The first ad breaks next week in The New York Times. Then from September through November, the black-and-white images shot by Nathaniel Goldberg of model Alyssa Sutherland doing yoga — her yoga instructor consulted on the shoot to help ensure authenticity — will appear in magazines, from Shape to Elle, and on billboards in cities including New York, Los Angeles and Seattle.

“We wanted a campaign that was powerful and bold, and the black-and-white is iconic to the brand,” said Kevin Carrigan, creative director of ck Calvin Klein and Calvin Klein brands at Calvin Klein Inc. “We have such a history with the body, from our underwear and swimwear to our sexy tank dresses, and we’ve been talking about this opportunity for a long time.”

The line, which retails from $24 to $229, soft-launched in 60 doors, expanded to more than 200 department store doors for fall and is adding the sporting goods channel for spring. From last spring to this fall, existing accounts like Macy’s and Lord & Taylor have expanded their orders and door counts, said Sammy Aaron, vice chairman of G-III. The companies declined to give volume projections.

The line covers sports from cycling, Pilates and yoga to tennis, running and “lunching,” said Aaron.

Calvin Klein Performance turns away from men’s-focused sportier lines to a more feminine and “cooler” product with the Calvin Klein aesthetic evident in the shapes, such as an extended sleeve or a tall elegant collar, according to Carrigan.

“We’re known for being a neutral house, but I wanted to make sure there was color in the line. Calvin did a show in the early Nineties when he used a lot of technical fabrics and talked about how he wanted to use primary brights,” Carrigan said. “Layering of color and colorblocking is important to the house, and we brought that use of bold color to the line.”

Fabrics, such as compression knits and cotton Lycra, boast performance properties including wicking and antimicrobial. Instead of woven tags, “Calvin Klein Performance” is heat-sealed onto the fabrics in a silver font. No other logo or branding is evident.

G-III also holds Calvin Klein licenses for women’s and men’s coats, women’s suits, dresses and, as of last month, women’s sportswear.

“This expands our Calvin Klein business: The consumer target is a nice spread of anyone who cares about fitness, regardless of age, and it expands our distribution into a new channel of sporting goods stores,” said Aaron. “And now that G-III is the sportswear licensee for Calvin Klein [white label], this is really an appendage to sportswear, rounding out the lifestyle.”

Oh how I miss Alyssa.... she looks perfectly fit in those Calvin Klein ads. A true beauty all around.

You're welcome :smile:. Parts 2 & 3 have only just come out - I didn't realise Part 1 wasn't already posted.
She's looking fantastic there, ..she's so classy!
and I like her pup too! :D

I am so glad to see her in those CK ads!! She fits just perfectly!

Great she has a cover, I always loved that pic! It's from a Madison editorial they did for their very first issue in January 2006 so it's certainly not a new pic, but the cover looks great. Hurrah! :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobrams
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->