Amsterdam - Vintage Shopping

I've been there only once and mainly circled around the main stores. Bijenkorf and such. :neutral: Not even a glimpse of the red light district. There was one amazing little vintage boutique with a lot of designer shoes for €30 a pair. It's called '1953' and you find it on the Staalstraat 2. Stumbled upon it by accidence while searching for the centrum :ninja:
I also loved the bookstores in Amsterdam, they have all the books off my list :wub:

To answer your question, finding decent clothing shouldn't come expensive in Amsterdam, but I don't know what prices you're used to. Otherwise you'll always have 5 different H&Ms to choose from :wink:

As for going out I advise Paradiso (Weteringschans 6-8), a lot of good bands and artists play there.

wow, thanks for your help guys. karma coming ur way

DaraKaye- looks like we have some exciting places to check out! yey

Last edited by a moderator:
you should go to the area called 'de jordaan',lots of little boetieks,galleries,vintage stores,also the 'nine streets' with laura dolls,zipper and remember(vitage)nice little bars as well:D

How nice that you are going to live in amsterdam!
I think the prices are really diverse in Amsterdam. You have a lot of afordable shops, like Zara, H&M, and secondhandshops, but also the more expensive ones. So i think it really depends on your shopping interests.

I also live there so i can give you some recommendations for shopping.
First of all the 'negen straatjes', these are a lot of little streets between the canals.

I think those streets are great for finding original pieces, there are also some vintage and second hand shops, i think those are becomming a little bit over-priced, but they are worth looking.
I found a pretty good site that carries some information about the shops that you can find in these little streets.
www.theninestreets.com

I think especially Van Ravenstein is a great shop, they sell Veronique Branquinho, Ann Deulemeester, Dries van Noten and more. I love to go there, if you have the chance you should go there on saturday, because then they open their secret room with sale!

If you are there on a monday morning, you should really check out the Noordermarkt, near the Westerstraat. That's a really nice flea-market, and altough the sellers are getting more commercial, because the market is really becoming a hype, it's still worth to take a look. If you are in that neigbourhood you can also go to Arckiv, if you are into vintage eyewear, it's a really funky place. A few streets from there you can find the Haarlemmerstraat, where you also can find a lot of original shops.:rolleyes:
There is also this little shop with great bargains around my neighbourhood, but i forgot the name, when i find out i will let you know.

Amsterdam is a great place to shop!! Not only ebcause I live in Amsterdam. i 've been in a lot of citys in the world but in amsterdam I usually see most beautiful clothes!

On this site are the best shops, restaurants and clubs. But it is only in Dutch.
http://www.fashionscene.nl/pages.php?page=2045&city=118535&section=hotspots

The two main streets are: De Kalverstraat & De Leidsestraat. You definitly need to go there! You can shop for miss sixty, diesel and all other commercial brands. At the Leidsestraat is shoebaloo, they have very pretty heels and boots of miu miu, prada, D&G, Dior and much more to fall in love with :heart:

At the Dam Square are de Bijenkorf (A big warehouse) and Magnaplaza (A more luxurous warehouse) At Magaplaza are shops like: Replay, Laundry Industries, Toni&Guy. You Definitly need to go to Velvet, my favourite shop, it is wuite expensive though.. They sell D&G, Versace, Bikkembergs, Cavalli, Pinko, Juicy Couture, Dsquared, Seven and more..

For second hand shops you need to go to the 9 streets, these are behind Maganplaza. Definitly go to Zipper and laura dolls (Amazing dresses!).
The market at Waterlooplein also had very good secondhand shops and you definitly need to go to episode!

The most luxurous street in Amsterdam is the Pc Hoofdstraat. Shops like Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, D&G but also cheaper ones like Diesel (with amazing exclusive gallery jeans!!) Replay. The most pretty shop in Amsterdam is Azzuro, also in the Pc Hoofdstraat. They sell Marithé & Francoise Girbaud, Frankie Morello, Dsquared, Miu Miu etc... (go there when there is sale, 50%)

If you want to know more.. just ask.. I am totally shopping-addicted :blush:

you've got me all excited and i'm nowhere near leaving time yet...lol.
thanks. karma. :smile:

hopefully one day i will be able to figure out Dutch websites - so far i can only remember like two words lol. Hoe heet ja? and ga zitten. oh well, guesswork will have to do for now.

thanks 4 ur help.

yes, i would definitely reccomend the nine streets, its great to just walk around the streets and do up some insparation, my favorite store being lady dayalso Rotterdam has some great stores, such as lijfstyle, and funky house, downstairs for their deals. If your ever in holland, hit up rotterdam as well.

where was this thread when I was living there!!! :smile: Bookmarked, for my next visit, thanks for bringing up the topic justlooking

You'll love amsterdam, theres always alot to do and it oozes energy.

For cheaper stuff, try C&A and HEMA (some people will argue its tacky but for everyday small stuff like hats, socks, etc you'll find bargains).Most shopkeepers are friendly too, and if u ask them about where you can get something in particular at a certain budget, they'd probably tell you.

Have fun!!

These stores might be of interest for you:

Bits & Pieces
Cornelis Schuytstraat 22
1071 JJ Amsterdam
Phone: +31(0)20-6181939
They sell: Martine Sitbon, Clements Ribeiro, Marc by Marc Jacobs, See by Chloé, Earl Jean, Chine Anonymous...

Ennu
Cornelis Schuytstraat 15
1071 JC Amsterdam
Phone: +31(0)20-6735261
They sell: Comme de Garçons, Dries van Noten, Junya Watanabe, Ann Demeulemeester, Martin Margiela, Issey Miyake...

I agree that "The Nine Streets" is a great area to shop, especially Van Ravenstein (http://www.theninestreets.com/van-ravenstein.html). It's a pity they don't sell menswear anymore... :(

Oh, and you should really go for the sales, I don't know how long they last but you get up to 70% off!

Amsterdam Vintage Shopping

Can someone tell me where i can get vintage designer clothes and accesoires in Amsterdam?

Thanks!^_^

what about the market that I shopped at - it was along one of the canals I think, when I was there last year? Is that a market many people go to? I got some nice vintage things there..??

Bump. I'm leaving for Amsterdam on Sunday. . . :D
So if anyone has anything to add it would be very much appreciated. :flower:

you have 'het waterlooplein' that's a market with a lot of vintage clothes
there is also a store called 'episode' where they have also very cool vintage stuff

Where in Amsterdam can I find Rock and Republic VB jeans?

I'll be there next week.
Thank you in advance!

I am also going to Amsterdam in July and i will only stay there for 2 days.So can someone please tell me the vintage shops or the shops where i can find clothes similar to Sienna Miller's...i mean this kind of clothes.Thanks in advance!:heart:

u might like to check on http://www.good2b.com. this site is bilingual and covers not only amsterdam, but also other cities or places that should be worth a watch. not only shops, but also restaurants and bars.

Paul Warmer, Leidsestraat, designer shoes and upstairs they carry some bags. Balenciaga, Gucci, YSL.

as said, the P.C. Hooftstraat accomodates stores like LV, Gucci, Chanel. guys might pay Didato a visit: Galliano, Dior, Acne, Viktor & Rolf, Prada, Fendi, Dries van Noten.

u can find a vintage Jan Jansen shoe store nearby at the Roelof Hartstraat. another non-vintage one is to be found at the Rokin, the street which leads to the central station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->