Amy Winehouse (November 2006 - February 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get well soon Amy

(People.com)

Amy Winehouse Diagnosed with Skin Disease

Originally posted Monday March 03, 2008 07:30 AM EST

Amy Winehouse Photo by: Matt Dunham / AP
amy_winehouse.jpg
What's up with those bumps on Amy Winehouse's face? The singer has been diagnosed with impetigo, her spokesman confirms to PEOPLE.

It's a bacterial skin infection that causes pimple-like lumps – and is "is highly contagious, and scratching or touching the sores is likely to spread the infection to other parts of the body as well as to other people," according to the Mayo Clinic's Web site.

And yes, Winehouse, 24, had been prescribed drugs ... in the form of antibiotics.

As for how the singer's feeling, "She's fine," a pal tells PEOPLE. "She's not hiding away. She's never been one to care what people think."
Courtney Rubin

Last edited by a moderator:
Queens of comedy
Dirty Pretty things

Vanity Fair April 2008.

Sarah Silverman as Amy Winehouse. By Annie Leibovitz.

169htox.jpg

Behind the scenes:
cusl05_funnygirls0804.jpg

cusl02_funnygirls0804.jpg

source:vanityfair.com

I cant stand that woman! The first picture is nice but...it seems to be glamourizing Amy's life which is sooo NOT cool.
Amy seems to be really beginning to get on with her life. I just hope that she doesnt slip back any further than she already has. Her style is soooo GORGEOUS

LOOOL, the woman has serious issues which the media have just glamourised im all for her music but her lifestyle is seriously questionable

and that girl doesnt look like amy but she looks cute:ninja:

Queens of comedy
Dirty Pretty things

Vanity Fair April 2008.

Sarah Silverman as Amy Winehouse. By Annie Leibovitz.

Behind the scenes:

source:vanityfair.com

this IS ridiculous. I mean,the editorial (w/ isabeli fontana?) that was posted in this thread some time ago was on the edge,but to do such a shoot is just pathetic.
why do all those people (ann leibovitz,seriously? what's going on w/ her?) suddenly feel the urge to turn their lens objects into amy? I can't think of noone else who has been copied this blatantly before,actually (apart from m.monroe,of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
Its because she sells papers/magazines etc. It really gets me mad because i :heart: Amy. I really dont see the point in glamourising her issues.
ugh. I am really not happy about this =[

wow chill out guys!!!!
"Glamorizing her issues" not at all. This pic is suppose to funny not glamour:blink:
All these women are comedians.They are just doing their jobs. I mean that's why this ed was named"Queens of comedy":rolleyes:
I personally don't think it's funny because I don't think Amy fits with the others choices but there is nothing serious in this.:innocent:
As far as I know Annie Leibovitz is not a fashion photogapher.I also don't think that this Sarah Silverman hates Amy she just trying to be funny.:innocent:

^I know where you are coming from, but I just think that the moment, amys problems are too serious to joke about, especially when she is trying to get better..

Oh please write a letter to Vanity Fair if you are not happy about it.:rolleyes:

Amy Winehouse pops out to a local newsagents in London, March 9

celeb-city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benrobertson
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"