Ana Carolina Reston - RIP

i saw the service on the tv,i saw her mother crying and it was so sad, i'm so sorry for them, and in a certan way i get angry with all the fashion brands that makes work this girls, but that's the society i'm sure a lot of other models, SUPER models are anorexic too, but nobody talk about that.....................

It was even in our local paper this morning. My mother brought it in and was like, a model died. And I thought, oh god, not another one.

She was so beautiful.

i just cant believe she was 21.
its so sad. she was just starting her life.

r.i.p

RIP, Ana Carolina...:cry: I've just seen that she died in hungarian page...:cry: So sad!:cry:

wow she was really beautiful..this is so tragic. i can't understand how someone could be so desperate to be thin, when they're already incredibly thin, that they could get to the point of risking their own life. i will pray for her soul, her family, and all people who are affected by anorexia.
r.i.p. ana carolina

Please note that this thread is not the place for a discussion on the modelling industry and eating disorders.

The weight rules in the guidelines still apply to a certain degree but obviously are being bent a little due to the nature of her death.

Please be respectful and use this thread for condolences and news about this yound woman's death.

As always, if you would like to discuss weight in the fashion industry then please post over in the weight thread in heart & soul, otherwise posts in here to that nature will be edited/deleted accordingly.

does anyone have photos of her other than the ones posted? this girl should be remembered not only for the way she died but for the way she lived too, and the things she accomplished.

*Bianca* said:
Brazil mourns as anorexia claims another model's life
Thu 16 Nov 2006 15:16:46 GMT
By Andrei Khalip

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil, Nov 16 (Reuters) - The mother of a Brazilian fashion model who died from complications of anorexia has made an emotional appeal for parents to take better care of aspiring young models.

The death of Ana Carolina Reston, 21, follows growing criticism of the use of underweight models in the fashion world, an issue given new significance after the death in August of Uruguayan model Luisel Ramos of heart failure during a fashion show in Montevideo.

Reston died on Tuesday in a Sao Paulo from a generalized infection caused by anorexia, an eating disorder in which sufferers obsessively deprive themselves of food in pursuit of an ultra-slim look.

Reston weighed only 88 pounds (40 kg) and was about 5 feet 8 inches tall (1.72 meters) tall. Doctors consider this weight normal for a 12-year-old girl no more than about 5 feet (1.5 meters) tall.

"Take care of your children ... no money is worth the life of your child, not even the most famous (fashion) brand is worth this," her mother, Miriam Reston, told O Globo newspaper.

She said her daughter had been trying to help her family with the money she made as a model.

Miriam spoke on national television and to local newspapers to highlight the tragedy. She said she had pleaded with her daughter to eat more and to see a doctor.

"She would reply, 'Mummy, don't mess me around,'" Miriam told O Estado de S.Paulo.

"Dictatorship of skinny look kills a model," said the front-page headline of O Dia tabloid, which carried a picture of the dark-haired, big-eyed girl in lingerie.

Many top models come from Brazil and thousands of young girls from all walks of life dream of modeling careers, inspired by the international success of Gisele Bundchen or Adriana Lima.

Reston was not famous but she had worked abroad, including in Japan, and did some jobs for Giorgio Armani and the Brazilian model agency L'Equipe, which declined immediate comment.

In September, Spain caused a storm in the fashion world when Madrid barred models below a certain weight from its top fashion show. Models with a body-mass-index (BMI), which takes into account height and weight, of less than 18 were banned.

Reston's BMI was just 13.5 while the World Health Organization considers anyone with a BMI below 18.5 underweight. A BMI below 17.5 being one of the criteria for the diagnosis of anorexia nervosa and a BMI nearing 15 is usually used as an indicator for starvation.

Other famous fashion venues like London were considering following suit.

ana carolina and family I am so sorry for your loss karma to you bianca, I will say this and not to much for this is time for carolina , but I find this hyprocritical that many can come on and make conments if the girl is fat and this is okay you can put down model on there thread but you can not talk about them being thin I ask you what are you sending out there it's okay to bash them for being fat or if they think ugly but dont talk about the "A" word. you can erase this but I will make a copy for myself.

Another Supermodel Dies After Weight Loss

A month after a controversy in the modeling world over body weight, a second model has died after becoming dangerously thin.Ana Carolina Reston, a well-known Brazilian model who worked for Giorgio Armani, died this week at the age of 23.Reston was 5 feet 8 inches tall and starved herself down to 88 pounds during her battle with anorexia. The model ate only tomatoes and apples at the end of her life.Reston had to be hospitalized because of a generalized infection. She had been a model since 13 and worked world-wide.The issue of ultra-thin models has been a big topic of debate.In September, Madrid's fashion week banned models considered dangerously thin from catwalk shows.The ban in Spain came weeks after 22-year-old Brazilan model Luisel Ramos died of a heart attack moments after stepping off a catwalk.Models auditioning for Madrid Fashion Week are now examined by doctors and those with a body mass index (BMI) that is too low are off the runway.Models in Madrid need to have a BMI of 18 or higher to work there.And the catfight over "zero sized" fashions may only intensify this fall.In the U.S., Banana Republic and Nicole Miller will introduce "sub-zero" sized fashions for women this fall, taking skinny sizes to a new low.

http://www.nbc10.com/health/10339022/detail.html

:cry::angry:

Does anyone know which agency she was with?

^ I found her mother agency:

L'Equipe Agence in Brazil

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->