Duleeshab

wiser now
Reaction score
Adoption shock

By Andrew Banks

September 23, 2005

0,10114,5052072,00.jpg

Trouble ... Angelina Jolie / AP

ANGELINA Jolie could be in trouble with Ethiopian authorities after baby Zahara's mum was allegedly found alive and well.

The 30-year-old Oscar-winning beauty reportedly stated in adoption papers confirmed on July 6 that Zahara's mother was dead.

British newspaper The Sun, however, tracked down 18-year-old Mentaweb Dawit, who claims she is Zahara's birth mother.

But Dawit won't challenge the Tomb Raider star over the adoption, she told The Sun.

"I want to say thank you to Angelina for giving my baby this wonderful, loving family." Under Ethiopian law, however, Jolie must reapply for her adoptive rights because the initial paperwork was incorrect, contactmusic reports.

The National Enquirer in the US spoke with Ethopian adoption law expert Belay Ketema, who said the adoption could be illegal because the law in Ethiopia says that if the mother is still alive she must give her consent and in this case that may not have happened.

"The adoptive mother must appear in court to nullify the old papers and re-apply for adoption. The baby's mother must also appear to give her consent, " Keterma told the paper. The Sun reports seamstress Dawit claims she fell pregnant after she was raped and always planned to give up the baby for adoption. Dawit's mum, Almaz Blfnhe told authorities that her daughter had died in childbirth.

Wow. I truly hope everything works out for Angelina. She seems like such a great mom :cry: :heart:

This story came out a few weeks ago made up by a tabloid and the last time I checked, AJ is thinking of sue-ing cause it's NOT true.

even if it WERE true....

suppose to angelina's best knowledge, when the adoption papers were filled out and filed, zahara's birth mother was no longer alive....
doesn't that change this law that the whole process be re-done entirely?....

it seems a bit extreme for cases where the birth mother has NO intention of challenging the adoption, and was at one time thought to be no longer living....??....

anyhow, it is so lovely that she has given her support and gratitude.....
what a fantastic situation for little zahara too.....to have a loving biological mother who recognizes the goodness in the situation and is nothing but grateful....

:heart:

Poor Angelina, she really doesn't need this extra stress in her life. She is a new mother after all, and she has already been through so much and if little Princess Zahara is taken back to Africa when she has so much to look forward to in life now that would be so cruel. Maybe Angelina can bring Zahara's mother to be her nanny and she and Angelina can raise Princess Zahara together. Do people here know about Zahara's blog site? http://princesszahara.blogspot.com/

thehepburn said:
This story came out a few weeks ago made up by a tabloid and the last time I checked, AJ is thinking of sue-ing cause it's NOT true.

I hope you're right :doh: ..

I hope it isn't true too, but I'm seriously worried. Look at how pained Angelina looks in the photo.

Yeah I hope it isn't true.. but these tabloids are known for taking pictures WAAAYYY (times ten to the 1284930587 power).. out of context

Oh she loooks old!
Whatever happens, I do hope the best for Angelina.
She truly is a wonderful mom...

haruki said:
Maybe Angelina can bring Zahara's mother to be her nanny

If the birth mother wanted a place in Zahara's life (from what's said here it appears that's not her desire) it seems hideously cruel to me to HIRE the woman as a DOMESTIC SERVANT so that she can be close to her own child :shock: Surely, if they wanted to "raise her together" there would be a better, more respectful arrangement.

thehepburn said:

Yep, I remember, it is all BS but they keep printing this crap and people keep believing it. :angry:

This same type of story came out when she adopted Maddox:angry: ! It just seems so fishy but easily solved (DNA test).

haruki said:
Maybe Angelina can bring Zahara's mother to be her nanny and she and Angelina can raise Princess Zahara together.

wow....just wow....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->