Angelina Jolie attacks Madonna for 'illegal adoption' of baby David

Brad and I want to continue to adopt, but keeping a big family uses up a lot of money.

:blink: This is the one statement that sounds just so stupid to me. Does she think she's poor? Billions of families all around the world have 4-9 kids with very little money.

I personally think the media is a bunch of crap. They just add stuff to it, making it seem juicier or more interesting than it actually is. She probably just doesn't agree with making an illegal decision, but I doubt she actually "attacked" Madonna.. LOL!

SiennaInLondon said:
Oh aren't Angelina and Madonna acquainted if not friendly?

In the Oprah interview with Madonna, Madonna said that she had never met Angelina, although she had a dinner with Brad once.

As much as I like Angelina, she talks WAY more about her personal life than about the missions she supports. I've never heard her say all that much about UN Ambassador topics, but tons and tons about Brad, her kids, and stardom.

Adoption agents are irked that Angelina Jolie dared to criticize Madonna's adoption of her Malawi son, David, without acknowledging her own past adoption scandals, the New York Post's Page Six reports.

Jolie, 31, recently told French magazine Gala she would "never take a child away from a place where adoption is illegal."

Yet Jolie failed to mention that when she adopted her Cambodian son, Maddox, in 2002, she used Seattle International Adoptions, run by Lauryn Galindo - who was found guilty two years later of visa fraud and money laundering related to Cambodian adoptions.

"Angelina is not a hero in the adoption community," Tatiana Beams, a Seattle-based international adoption advocate, told Page Six. "She adopted Maddox under a questionable agency, where the directors went to prison."

Beams said that after Jolie's debacle, Cambodia adoption was brought to a halt, and many families who were waiting to acquire children were left empty-handed.

David Ptasnik, director of Americans Adopting Orphans, defended Angie's choice in adoption agencies, saying, "it was the largest agency in the world. Angelina Jolie wouldn't know that she was entering into a questionable adoption."

However, Beams is also peeved that Jolie "does nothing, or at least very little, to keep international adoption open and legal for American families and children."

She added, "It would be nice to see her speak out on issues and policies surrounding international adoption."

http://usmagazine.com/celebrity_news

I guess a lot of people want to adopt internationally because in America and England for example there is always a fear that the birth parent (if alive) will change her mind. Imagine falling in love with a child only to have him/her taken away. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->