Ann Demeulemeester S/S 09 Paris

gnarlitude

Reaction score
Can't wait to see everything!!

This write up from SHOWStudio makes me so excited.

30092008129-468x350.jpg

"Ann Demeulemeester's opening outfits were a revelation - two pleated and gathered short dresses like brief Greek chitons in white silk-chiffon. Standard fare for a Spring womenswear collection you may well think, but from the Queen of androgyny who has previously dressed her girls (and boys) as contemporary interpretations of Patti Smith, such femininity is an unusual statement. Equally unusual were the heavy bead embroideries in jet and diamante, subtley patterned jacquard and a later section of more soft gathering in saffron, tumeric and salmon chiffons. Showing in a Parisian convent, perhaps we can relate these figured fabrics and ornate embroideries to ecclesiastical garb, likewise those colour-saturated gathers in the hues of Buddhist monks'robes. Of course, fans of Demeulemeester's louche suiting were not disappointed, but this time it seemed to have loosened up even more, with tie-ribbon belts softly cinching the back. Her menswear, shown alongside the womens', was especially strong: jacquard knit vests and high-knotted velvet tie like a Victorian country curate, or slick satin suiting again reflecting a new appreciation of the more precious and ornate. Demeulemeester felt no need to hide the richness of this decoration (although it was hardly bling), and while this stood out in a resolutely understated season, this was in the best possible way."

There's already video up which is incredible.. see it here.

The first dress is so unlike Ann...
It's looking really angelic and light...
I am intrigued... :heart:

splendid!
the length of the skirts looks shortened.
:heart:

:shock: Thanks for that video, gnarlitude. The pleats? and the ruffles, plus the music.. I can tell this is going to be very much on her usual caliber. I cannot waaaait!. :heart:

^WOW...

Not typical for Demeulemeester....and I love it....

It's soo new and fresh but still so ANN!

It so different than her previous collections... but I love it so far! Colours and shapes look great.

WOW - this looks incredible! The last two looks posted still have that sense of the former ann.d but with a different perspective, literally cant wait to see more!

Ooh! She's venturing out of her comfort zone...and so far to splendid results. It's the Grecian vibe, but with mindful discretion.

^My thoughts exactly, it's very fresh and one look in particular reminds me of Lanvin but for myself who had been yearning for a different feel from Ann D, this is a welcome change and a beautiful one at that.

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg

[vogue.fr]

Users who are viewing this thread