Ann Demeulemeester

Thanks Maarit and Faust. I'd love to see the boutique in person.

raijin said:
Looks beautiful, I'd love to go there sometime.
I may have some Ann Dem menswear S/S 05 showroom pics to post here tomorrow.

It's tomorrow :D ^_^ If you have them, please post them ins Ann Dem S/S 05 thread :flower:

What is pricing for Ann D stuff like? I regret not taking a closer look at her stuff when I was in NY.

Fade to Black said:
What is pricing for Ann D stuff like? I regret not taking a closer look at her stuff when I was in NY.

It's pretty expensive, and in many cases you will only know what you paid for upon a very close inspection. That's why it used to never sell in New York (both Barneys and Saks dropped her men's line, and Bagutta and Jeffrey have been boing less and less, thank god A came around). I personally think what saved her in the US (she always has a strong following in Europe/Asia) was that famous Sep. 03 Vogue Nicole Kidman spread, where she wore Ann's boots (or THE boots, as I call them) on each of ten pages. The power of Vogue is pretty insane. I know that Barneys in NYC had to order those ($1k!) boots three times. In Sep. 04 issue of Vogue Ann's clothes was showcased in the Saks spread next to Chanel, Gucci, LV, etc. Think about it, this would've NEVER happened if not for that Kidman photoshoot.

Ah..I was informed picture taking is not allowed in Ann's showrooms.
That is a shame, I very much wanted to see them in detail.
I guess I will have to wait until they are recieved in stores.

Perhaps,because its a very intimate moment when she's doing sales with her clients. She's got alot of undercover things going in her world. Like the top secret stock sale I went to with a journalist friend of mine.

Faust,IT IS,pretty bizarre the way Vogue controls the industry here. :wacko: Of course,in this country,people are forever effected by the power of celebrity. Look what it did for Bruno Pieters. I don't think he would have had this kind of attention if it weren't for people learning Nicole was a fan.

I will have pictures of pieces very soon though, so check back in this thread.

I just remembered something from years ago....on a rather odd tangent.
I was reading some random horoscope online (ok, I get bored sometimes) and this one was very specific and it said that for someone of my sign, born in my year...I would love Ann Demeulemeester's clothing. I must have been about 15 or 16 at the time....very much into punk rock, wouldn't be caught dead looking like something out of Vogue (well, some things never change) and I looked up Ann Demeulemeester on some search engine...there was barely anything on her...but the few pieces I saw I fell in love with. I even tried to recreate a few (unsuccessfully), forgot about her for a few years, then saw her in a magazine again and the inspiration continues :smile:

lol
and that horoscope is still online....or something similar to that one.

Scorpio Fashion Profile

The always sexy Scorpion is hard to categorize. One day you could be sleek in the latest look, but the next you're kicking back in something romantic and flowy. Whatever you're wearing, and for whatever reason, you've probably got some ulterior motive. When you go out on the town in something short and skimpy, you're probably on the prowl for a partner who'll offer some fun in the P.M. You'll put on a pricey power suit if that's what it takes to score a high-level corporate job. You follow trends as long as they suit you, but you're no slave to fashion. If everyone went around with partially-shaven eyebrows, you would probably refrain. Hey, you've got class! On the other hand, you may have been first in line to partake in your pick of the best retro styles.

You'll either wear a lot of jewelry or no jewelry at all. Your hair might be long and luscious or short at spiky. You could wear wigs and costume paint, as long as how you're shaping yourself to look matches your changeable inner nature on that particular day. Scorpio is a master of disguise. You could wear makeup like a mask, or take it all off so those around you think you're revealing the bare truth. Your hidden, or not so hidden passion, is silky, sensual undergarments in black or red.

Fave Label: Ann Demeulemeester
Would Look Good On: Winona Ryder

Yes, the belt is quite cool.

I think they haven't got thier main shipment in yet, so I would like to see the rest before I make a judgement on the collection.

The light leather jacket is very cool, but in terms of prices Dem seems to be as bad or worse than C diem and CCP.

I think that fashion profile is oddly dead on. Ann Dem. isn't my favorite fashion designer but she has some great stuff and the idea behind morphing your look is very true to me. Anyway back on topic! Thanks for the photo!

Cool, Sugo!

Raijin, thanks for the pics. Not much, as I expected :cry: . I'll reserve the final judgement until I see and touch, but I know the buyers weren't impressed. I really like the black tee with the negative print, but I'm not sure about wearing Ann's son's face on my body. :doh:

thank you for sharing thosee pics raijin..i also like the belt...but belts don't like me...:( ...

and yes...the prices are some of the highest out there... not for the faint of heart...

.francesca said:
i'm sure most of you have seen this but i found it a while back. it has pieces from years ago so i'm thinking it's fairly old.

is there any other site to see her stuff from recently?

http://www.lumiere.com/fashion/97/01/ann/02.html

:lol: Dear, this was the link in the original post.

You can find some pix of Ann's past collections here:

http://www.contemporaryfashion.net/index.php/none/none/2130/uk/works.html

And more recent complete collections and detail shots here:

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/

Enjoy :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back