Ann-Sofie Back F/W 09.10 London

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by MulletProof, Feb 21, 2009.

1. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

via catwalking.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. MulletProof

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [catwalking]

3. MulletProof

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [catwalking]

4. june gloom

june gloom New Member

In love. I love the little goth doll look without being tacky or overly costumey, and the contacts are a cool touch.

5. liynn

liynn New Member

This is so interesting. It's like I dislike it & love it at the same time. It is such a wierd combination.
    I love the spooky feeling, & that BOO! sweater made me smile a bit, like "exactly what I was thinking!".

6. Inaya

Inaya vertebrae by vertebrae

I think the poor attempt at integrating dream catchers into the garments is pretty cheesy and perhaps is a result of the whole 70's hippie revival thing going on currently. but what really gets me about this - is it is a very different aesthetic than this whole zombie bride influence the collection has as a whole. I think a lot of editing could have been done... and perhaps if so, it could have been a much cuter, fun and quirky collection instead o flooking like a bit of a mess and too many ideas. Definitely not what I was expecting from ASB.

eta - I meant to quote the above post and agree and say I dont hate it but I also don't love it. I am an ASB fan, though, I do always like to support her. I think this collection should have been simplified a bit but it is fun none the less.

#6 Inaya, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Mae7: Feb 21, 2009
  7. MulletProof

I know, I'm in that same boat at the moment, I don't know whether I'll grow to love this or just reject it.. but she did get play that Halloween theme to perfection cause it's so subtle and the rawness of her clothes only help to make it more realistic.
    I really like the gray pieces.. like the lace shirt, and the coat.. even the jock jacket. :heart:
    I guess I'll end up fully liking this.. :meow:

8. liynn

liynn New Member

Haha, I think I'll do the same :D

9. kiddokiddo

kiddokiddo New Member

Thanks for posting, Mullet
    I think the interpretation of the theme is perhaps a little too literal, but the results for me is quite appealing. Adore the raggedness of the garments and the overall silhouette. It's def the least Margiela like collection Anne has done

10. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

a lot of DIY projects in the making I think..

11. VogueParisLover

VogueParisLover New Member

It's a bit goth doll and I love that. I really don't like the feathers though. Thanks MulletProof.

12. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

but you know anne-sofie always does this sort of stuff. seeking inspiration from the mundane and trite. to me its no different in approach as when she did the 'brassiere' t'shirts and using bra-straps.

i love this,myself. i really enjoy the,fantasy and horror/slasher film elements mixed together. it doesn't seem cohesive written down but seeing it,i feel i kind of get it.

13. travolta

travolta New Member

thanks for posting mulletproof. :flower:

i think anne-sofie can sometimes veer into the unflattering category. I think this collection has some pretty sellable pieces.

14. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

hate this goth stuff, and all the holes :ninja: the jeans i can accept but that's it

15. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

i love it. especially the white lace piece.
    she used to work for acne, correct?

16. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

^i think she collaborated with them,once. but she's always been there before acne come about.

17. jhaime

jhaime New Member

there's a lot of Gudrun Klopsch in this collection... google her, you'll know what i mean. However; i disagree with comments on the majority. ASB has been churning out dull, mature collections for the past couple years. This appears to have taken a much more youthful approach, which needed to be the case...since a few of their stockists have closed. More worryingly; the people at ASB are unaware of who their stockists even are...you get sent on a wild goose chase to their sales agency- who in turn, are unsure on their stockists. Frightening !

18. shutterbug

shutterbug New Member

YES! Totally.

I'm obsessed. I made a dream catcher back in elementary school. Now I'm considering how to translate that into clothes... :p

19. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

This is quite different from the past collections - she seems to be having gothic fun with this one. I'll say some of it is too cute to diss, and I'm convinced of her talent, so...:)

What is a dream catcher, btw?

Nevermind,I'll google. :)

#19 Zazie, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by moderator lumineux: Feb 21, 2009
  20. Squizree

Squizree Looking Up

I DESPERATELY want those blood sunglasses! They could be worn by guys right?

The colection is so beautiful, becaue not only are the clothes super scary but the hair and makeup couldnt have been more suitable. Especially the hair, Im loving it all.