AnOther Magazine Fall / Winter 11.12 : Rachel Weisz by Craig McDean

So if it's already on sale, has anyone seen this at B&N? are they usually on time?, just asking here to save myself the trip.. cause I called my nearest store and the girl was like "another magazine, okay, but what's the exact title of the magazine?", and then put me on hold for 5 minutes only to get back at me saying they don't carry such magazine in their store.. as if I didn't buy it in that exact location twice a year... and I did specify that it's the new, fall 2011 issue. Just stupid. :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Can't stop laughing at this one! Karma for you Mulletproof ^_^

i LOVE HER, but the picture is horrible! what is this? why she is holding goat and what is the relation with this make up and Miu miu dres???? I dont get it!! sorry for her :(

Its artistic. Also I don't get the logic in your questions. Like I can imply that question to any fashion magazine cover. 'Why is her hair like that? what is the relation with the hair and the dior dress???'

i LOVE HER, but the picture is horrible! what is this? why she is holding goat and what is the relation with this make up and Miu miu dres???? I dont get it!! sorry for her :(

Red lipstick
Blue eye make up
Yellow coat

A depiction of the primary colours. There's your relation with the make up and Miu Miu coat :flower:

has anyone bought it? or seen the eds? I wanna order it but I wanna know what is inside.

I just saw it today, so it's here in the UK. I didn't get this issue because I thought it was quite disappointing compared to the last couple of issues. However I think I remember all of the eds so here goes...

Anna De Rijk and Georgina Stojiljikovic by Sarah Moon & Kaite Shilingford; her typical style, quite nice pictures with couture like atmosphere.

Corinna Ingenleuf by Roe Ethridge & Katie Shilingford; in a studio. Doesn't appeal to me at all.

Codie Young, Kate King and Marique Schimmel (IIRC) by Daniel Jackson & Mattias Karlsson; gothic, slightly sexy B&W ed that we often see in UK mags.

Ajak Deng by Paolo Roversi & Cathy Edwards; collections editorial shot in a studio. Pretty boring and a waste of great model and photographer.

Rachel Weisz by Craig McDean & Olivier Rizzo; best thing in this issue. There's a kind of maternal vibe about the shoot even though it's shot in slightly derelict locations.

Some punk girls and guys by Nick Knight & Alisdair Mackie; B&W story. You know the rest...

Crystal Renn by Lina Scheynius & Katie Shilingford; like the preview. Kind of erotic, shot in some house.

Marique Schimmel by Alasdair McLellan & Jane How; similar to Jackson's story. B&W, nothing that special.

Hope that was a help to those of you wanting to know about the issue :flower:.

Some of Rachel's editorial.

Ph: Craig McDean
Model: Rachel Weisz
St: Oliver Rizzo
Hair: Esther Langbam
Make-Up: Mark Catrasquilla

AnOthermagazine.com

^I quite like the cover and the ed, really nice colour tones, I like especially the last image.

Sorry it's Caroline Brasch Nielsen and not Marique in Daniel Jackson's ed.

Pretty disappointing editorial considering how wonderful the cover is. I was expecting some dark underling tone. Only thing interesting is Rachel in Margiela Tabi boots.

I just saw it today, so it's here in the UK. I didn't get this issue because I thought it was quite disappointing compared to the last couple of issues. However I think I remember all of the eds so here goes...

Anna De Rijk and Georgina Stojiljikovic by Sarah Moon & Kaite Shilingford; her typical style, quite nice pictures with couture like atmosphere.

Corinna Ingenleuf by Roe Ethridge & Katie Shilingford; in a studio. Doesn't appeal to me at all.

Codie Young, Kate King and Marique Schimmel (IIRC) by Daniel Jackson & Mattias Karlsson; gothic, slightly sexy B&W ed that we often see in UK mags.

Ajak Deng by Paolo Roversi & Cathy Edwards; collections editorial shot in a studio. Pretty boring and a waste of great model and photographer.

Rachel Weisz by Craig McDean & Olivier Rizzo; best thing in this issue. There's a kind of maternal vibe about the shoot even though it's shot in slightly derelict locations.

Some punk girls and guys by Nick Knight & Alisdair Mackie; B&W story. You know the rest...

Crystal Renn by Lina Scheynius & Katie Shilingford; like the preview. Kind of erotic, shot in some house.

Marique Schimmel by Alasdair McLellan & Jane How; similar to Jackson's story. B&W, nothing that special.

Hope that was a help to those of you wanting to know about the issue :flower:.

The models are: Caroline Brasch Nielsen, Kate King, Ilse de Boer, and Codie Young
Liu Wen have a powerful solo ed, Ming Xi and Valerija Kelava are also inside this issue.
not bad as a content, so I will buy it.

Liu Wen by Sharif Hamza
Styled by Karen Langley

fashiongonerogue

very impressive work by Craig McDean:clap:
the cover is gorgeous (this is how a celebrity cover should be), the ed is looking good too and the short film is absolutely fascinating.. i liked it a lot!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fraserhn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->