UK Vogue January 2010 : Rachel Weisz by Tom Craig

The issues on newstands here now. The cover does look better in person, but still, I'm not blown away. More pink text. Someone there is a pink addict. Pointing NO fingers at anyone in particular..

I do get very annoyed that month after month the issue hits newstands before subscriber's get their copies, despite the ads for subscribing actually saying "get the issue first" and such.

Is this Tom Craig's first Vogue cover? His work is very interesting, usually quite understated. I'm quite keen to see this, looks lovely so far.

This magazine is so irrelevant

I'm surprised this turned out to be the UK Vogue issue that would spark discussion as to the magazine's relevance today, because in terms of interesting/fresh cover stars and cover/inside photos, this is not the worst UK Vogue has been. (Or perhaps there has been discussion on the subject in the past here as well -- after all, I am only recently joined @ tFS.)

That said, the cover shot is pretty boring, nor is it one of Rachel Weisz's better photos. My real beef with UK Vogue, however, really has to do with their inability and/or unwillingness to reinvent themselves. Just to begin with, would you please (!!) get rid of the unedited Arial Black on the cover, the single most unattractive magazine cover font in the universe! :sick:

^Why do you always have to drag Britain into everything? I don't think I've ever read a post of yours where you don't mention it.

I don't mind the cover, I like Rachel and she looks pretty, but I can't really can't stand British Vogue, its so incredibly dull.

Haha because we get such a bum deal and British fashion is the best in the world. This is an international community and if a single comment of mine sparks just the tiniest bit of interest then I feel I can do my bit for supporting an otherwise unsupported industry in this country. Would you prefer I chat about D&G for a bit? Brings things down a level perhaps?

^I was just curious, I'd never want to put anyone down for being passionate, unless its for something stupid like football or trains and I'll pass on the D&G talk thanks.:sick:

On a related note, I find that that I would hardly ever use the phrase 'Britain' - because there are a lot of places which are a part of the UK but would never identify with the concept of being British. Maybe if you're English, you're happy to identify yourself as British, but you might not get the same answer in the other three countries. There are a lot of places in the union where 'British' is a dirty word, so for me, 'the UK' is the neutral way of describing it, a more inclusive way.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm sorry to say i hate the lara + willy story.

i really do hope it's not Rizzo who styled it !

it's very very fleurie ! flowerish ...... and this tiedye (?) sort of scarve shirt whatever !
herk !

I LOVE RACHEL WEISZ to death but i do not like the cover and the way she looks here. A january issue has to powerful. It has to promote what the magazine envisions for the upcoming year. i think UK vogue fell short...

I think that's more the job of the March collections issue. According to a post in the cover rumour thread, TV presenter Alexa Chung will be on the cover of that issue.

As much as I love Lara, I have to admit that her ed here is not that nice. Can't wait for Catherine & Rachel's ed.

*When's the release of this issue?

^Thursday 10th but it's already on newsstands down London.

I somehow like Lara's ed. I don't know but I have this tendency to always like a studio shoot editorial. :D^_^

Oh, so is that Alex Curran??!!?? Geez, she looks like a playboy bunny to me. :lol::D Kidding!

OMG I just realised my subscription starts with February issue... so I can skip this one... how exciting is that?;-)))

I get the feeling that UK Vogue thinks that glamour is beneath them, a bit grubby, something that desperate people like celebrities resort to using.
I think you hit the nail on the head. From a Shulman interview published last week:
"Vogue is not my personal taste, really. I think of it more as a kind of newspaper. It's reporting on what's out there, to some extent, with me editing."
Full interview on the Guardian website.

Wow, the cover is even better than what I'd thought! Rachel looks lovely! Thank you so much for scanning, fearless123. Can't wait for Rachel and Catherine's eds!

Rachel looks gorgeous!
Thanks fearless123

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->