Another S/S 2019 : Anok Yai, Lupita Nyong’o & Rianne van Rompaey

God, now she's starting with the indie magazines? I know Another is more partial to a celeb than the rest, but it's such an oversaturated choice. Can't this woman take a break and make more movies instead of saying yes to every magazine who comes knocking!?!

The actual cover is so predictable from the afro to the makeup. How else could you celebrate black beauty? :rolleyes: And you can tell Vanderperre isn't used to shooting black women. The lighting is terrible, and composition is off. This isn't another (sic) Tilda Swinton cover where tge silhouette automatically pop against a soulless digital backdrop.

Lupita.. As much as I truly love this woman and her style, she is the definition of over exposed.
I don't think this is a flattering picture or at least not worth for a cover.

It's cool, has a bit of a Tim Burton vibe to it. Needs more pizzazz, though.

There are 4 more covers: Rianne Van Rompaey, Fran Summers, Anok Yai and Bo Gebruers

Wow, what is going on with Lupita lately?! Either she is over it, or they are really not doing her justice, quite a few bad covers!!

Love the rest though.

As usual Rianne comes and saves the whole thing! Absolutely love that.
I’m a big fan of Anok but I don’t like her cover because of the background color and her pose that looks a bit stiff.

Rianne wins by a country mile here - such a beautiful face. Anok's shot doesn't work as a cover image and the art direction looks terribly juvenile!

I'll wait for Fran. At this stage Rianne's cover is the best of the lot, but still not striking enough imo.

Cover Story: A rare conversation with Rei Kawakubo
Photographer: Craig McDean
Styling: Katie Shillingford
Cast: Anok Yai, Birgit Kos, Bente Oort, Lineisy Montero, Kiki Willems, Hannah Motler, Ansley Gulielmi, Kaila Wyatt, Sora Choi.

28wce86.jpg
2076udh.jpg
2m7j9ti.jpg
ok97r8.jpg
300bjfp.jpg
5lz3ug.jpg
10nssjo.jpg
2e0u42c.jpg
2h72lcn.jpg
10x6ij6.jpg
2lln81y.jpg
20b1jz5.jpg
am37ld.jpg
33vot92.jpg
35m17yq.jpg
2nu64ix.jpg
2h2m6h2.jpg
15iajwl.jpg
jicbh1.jpg
33m97w6.jpg
2lw7vo0.jpg
nyagwl.jpg

Anothermag.com

Birgit looks so gorgeous.

Side note - a "rare" interview with Rei Kawakubo? Am I crazy to think there tends to be a surprising number of interviews with her for yet another one to be considered....rare....

The cover story by McDean is very good, what a strong casting.

Wow, that backshot of Anok!! :heart::heart: the best image of the editorial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->