Best Eye Makeup Remover

Just got Elizabeth Arden's All Gone to try. Will comment compared to Spectro Jel after I've used it a while.

nycgirl84 said:
I use Almay non-oily eye makeup pads - they get everything off for me.

Oh my NYC Girl you know what is up! I loove that stuff its my little secret I hope because whenever I go to the drugstore I always stock up.. I will be using those little pads forever!:heart:

almay's is no fuss. easy, cheap and works well and you wont have to use any applicator and also it makes eye makeup come off so easy there is no scrubb..and that means no wrinkles in the future ; )

lancome bi-facil is good but its oily and expensive, i have a bottle of that from buying lancome lotion as well. I use yves rocher chammomile eye makeup remover now. Its MUCH cheaper, and its really gentle, i have gotten it into my eyes a bunch of times and it hasnt stung once.

Best eyeliner/eye make up remover/eye cream?

[FONT=&quot]I’m looking for a good self sharpening black eyeliner along with an eye makeup remover that is not oily and that does not make the skin around my eyes feel dried out but at the same time nourishes it.
Also, a question I've been curious about, what is the typical age for women to start wearing eye cream/wrinkle cream and all the good stuff? Recommendations? Thanks ahead of time. :smile: [/FONT]

My favourite eyeliner isn't kohl - it's a liquid w/ bristle brush = L'oreal Lineur Intense.
BEST eyemakeup remover - comes in a glass or plastic blue bottle - all natural Blueberry Flower Water + Sorbitol --- that's it. i used to find it at my local Senteurs de Provence but they stopped carrying it.. maybe yours will? Sorry can't remember the exact name - it may be Senteur de Provence... but look for Blueberry FLOWER Water + Sorbitol and it's fab! i wear heavy eye makeup and it took it off gently & w/out residue & w/out oil. The Bilberry family (includes Blueberries) is very good for your eyes.

If you can't find this particular bottle of good stuff, then another option is the Cornflower Water eyemakeup-remover by Klorane. It's got some other stuff in it, but it's not too bad.

When i need to be cheap - i just use my Dove sensitive skin cream cleanser all over, including my lashes and lids - wash off with washcloth and then i use a lavender toner (Thayer's) to remove the residue. Although i use heavy eyemakeup, i use: L'oreal Lineur Intense and Cover Girl Super Thick Lash and Lise Watier crayon.. all of which have great staying power, but come off easily when you want them to.

In summer i use Life Brand foaming cloths to remove my face and eyemakeup. My second option is Dove Sensitive foaming cloths. i also remember Lancome making a very good eyemakeup-remover (a blue liquid).

i do not recommend: Olay foaming cloths - it stings and Vichy all-in-one liquid makeup remover.. it's supposed to remove face/eye/lipstick in one liquid - but it was horrible! Stung my eyes and didn't remove properly either
Eye-cream? i don't really use - but for a while i used aloe vera gel (as pure as you can get please).
It's quite cheap and won't make your eyes puffy from too much moisture. i do not recommend Vichy eye-cream - pricey and rather useless.

I'm not sure whether it's what you're looking for, but I think gel type liner is really good. It lasts longer (very important especially for black eyeliner), and you can smudge it lightly to make smoky eyes, and if you use a light hand, it looks very natural (like very well applied pencil eyeliner). My favourites are MAC fluidline and Stila smudge pot. MAC has a very smooth texture and is very easy to apply. Stila is drier (it will dry out faster than MAC) but the lasting power is amazing.

For eye makeup remover and eye cream, I use whatever I have at hand.. But I do like Lacome Bifacil eye makeup remover.

I use Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover by Lancome which is really good.
It wipes away all make up with one swipe and isn't too oily.

Eyecream - I'm in my 20's and I've already started to use one ( not anti wrinkle, just moisturizing ) because the skin around your eyes is the most sensitive. To avoid lines and getting wrinkles later in life it's good to start with a good eyecream around your 20's.
And never scrub around your eyes !

i find that any moistureizer takes off eye make-up better than most eye make-up removers... plus it means one less thing to remeber to buy!:D

I use an eye make up remover from Yves Rocher, it's absolutely great because it's very gentle, I have blue eyes and the eyes area became red very fast with the sun, it removes everything also waterproof make up and it's also quite cheap! I love it :heart:

I use Lacome Galate Confort [it also has a gorgeous scent to it] but for cheap i go for Nivea

For eye makeup, I like using Lancome Bi Facil. For the rest of my face, I use Lancome Galates Clarte.

Baby oil. Hands down. Really gentle and gets rid of the most stubborn waterproof makeup. I only use it on my eyes though, anywhere else I think you're asking for a mad breakout!

I'm with the Lancome Bi-Facil crowd:smile:

I have also tried Chanel,La Prairie,Clinique,estee Lauder and YSL in my life,and I'm through with experimenting because I always come back to this one:smile:

thewannabe said:
I use Cetaphil, but you have to actually *work* a bit with it to get the make-up off... meaning you have to massage the product into your face for a bit longer... but it's definitely worth the extra effort for the lack of harsh irritation my skin gets from such gentle non-soap cleansers.

I like Cetaphil also because you can get it in eyes (so gentle, and it doesn't burn); good for rubbing out that stubborn eye make up without the guilt of rubbing your delicate skin raw.

HOWEVER, for heavy make up, I first use a generous amount of Shu Uemura's Light Cleansing Oil and rinse before the Cetaphil.

I soo totally agree with everything you said. :flower: Especially since I am wearing contact lenses. gotta love cetaphil:heart:

studiolife said:
I LOVE my lancome waterproof mascara, but it DOESN'T come off.
So, does anyone have a recommendation on either a new eye makeup remover OR a water RESISTANT mascara?

Thanks!

Kristin

Actually normal Lancome mascara (I use Hypnose and Amplicils) are *very* water resistant...they don't run or smudge at all,even when you cry.

I used to wear waterproof mascara including Lancome waterproof Definicil and it was actually the fact that it is almost impossible to remove that had me change to the ordinary version...which reallt is good enough!!:flower:

I"m using Vichy's 1 step cleanser (cleansing milk, toning lotion and eye make up remover in one)-->great for lazy days, works for me and inexpensive

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->