Anyone ever go cold turkey?

renferme

Reaction score
So, a few weeks ago the accountant called. I asked him how much our tax bill would be and he told me.

Since then we've had to pay the biggest vets bills you could imagine and then it cost us about £2000 to get our campervan fixed. Add to that a client who owes me £4000 (I think they might have gone into liquidation :blink: ) and to do the same project I had to pay another freelancer £800 to help us out (we were busy and would not have met the deadline otherwise).

So I went to see the accountant to pick up my tax breakdown yesterday. As well as all these big expenses, he now tells me our tax is double what he thought it would be.

The bill is due at the end of January, but if I don't stop spending and start saving now, I won't have any savings left.
I've decided to not buy any clothes until the shows next March ( I have summer stuff to wear to the shows in September). I know because I work from home I only really need fashionable stuff for meetings and trade shows. I don't move in glamourous trendy circles outside of work, or go to swanky restaurants or bars. (I'm over that). So this should be easy, in theory. :innocent:

Thing is - as part of my job, I'm paid to shop - I have to do retail and online research into fashion - my clients pay me for retail reports. Would you encourage an alcoholic to visit a winery then tell him he can't have anything to drink?

I'm going to Hong Kong in two weeks time and Dusseldorf and Milan in September and I'm determined not to spend anything. Anyone got any coping strategies? :rolleyes:

I'm very careful with money until it comes to clothes!

Last edited by a moderator:
You could buy a really big bag of rice and only eat that for the next six months?

(no joke, I've actually done that, over shorter time periods, to save money)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baerry
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->