What have you bought but never worn?

apart from a few pieces I got this winter for next summer, I've worn everything I have - except for one vintage black cocktail dress, round neckline and short sleeves. it's really nice, in a heavy yet supple fabric (viscose?) with a woven-in abstract pattern and irregularly scattered 'sparks' of gold thread. I just haven't had a good occasion to wear it... yet. :wink: it might stay in my closet until the fall though, it's not a very summery dress... but that's ok, I know I'll wear it eventually. what's been keeping you from wearing that jil blouse and sweater, softgrey? (hmmn, there's no way to write that sentence without it sounding like a scolding! I don't mean it like that!)

i just don't wear shirts very often...:ermm:...

and when i do ---it's always the same two shirts...
and they are both pirate shirts...

:argg:...

:ninja:..:lol:...

Last edited by a moderator:
a pleated mini skirt with gorgeous floral prints (lemon, white, something like golden- who knows, I never see this skirt :lol:), love at first sight, grabbed it, thought I'd wear it right away and turned out the skirt is way too short and gravity-defying, meaning it never falls, so it's like wearing a kite, no thanks.. maybe this summer I'll finally sell myself that cheap. :lol:

^^
:lol:
i know what you mean about flying kite skirts...
so tricky...
you want to wear something light and floaty during the hot summer months...
but, unless you feel like giving everyone a show, it's not really an option...
i used to have all sorts of tricks to try to keep my skirt down...
:rolleyes:

i still have a few dresses that will blow around unexpectedly from time to time...
even though they are not short or anything---just lightweight and airy...
as long as it's not a constant issue, i happily wear them ...
i have pretty quick reflexes if it happens and i don't think anyone's really getting a good look...
i don't know---i think it keeps life interesting...

:lol:...

I say a DIY trick once, you just sew a small heavy object (like a coin or something similar) inside on the edge of the skirt/dress. Never tried yet though.

Church's navy suede derby shoes.
I was really into them and when I finally bought them the feeling subsided, of course. Funnily it's something I can easily combine considering my wardrobe, but I never put them on in the end... each time I'm thinking - yeah, next time it'll be their turn... next time... NEXT TIME... :ninja:
Still not considering selling them. :wacko:

Church's navy suede derby shoes.
I was really into them and when I finally bought them the feeling subsided, of course. Funnily it's something I can easily combine considering my wardrobe, but I never put them on in the end... each time I'm thinking - yeah, next time it'll be their turn... next time... NEXT TIME... :ninja:
Still not considering selling them. :wacko:

definitely don't sell them...
wear them!

my friend just got a pair of Church's ---
the studded brogues...
she wore them this weekend and i have to say that i don't think she has ever looked so cool since i've known her...
and that is a LONG time...
:lol:...

wear them...they're cool...
^_^

oh i still have an ann demeulemeester horsehair neck piece/belt from years ago(2000) that i got for a steal on ebay and have yet to wear. i also have a inverted sequin black wrap apron skirt that i got from last call many years ago while visiting a friend in austin. and that's mainly because i've never had any engagements worthy enough to don either. i still admire them though,waiting for a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
new years eve is the perfect excuse for things like that scott...
:magic:...

i wore my junya deconstructed dress one new years eve to see patti smith in concert...
and then last year i wore my comme crazy skirt from the witches collection to a friend's house for new year's...

i highly encourage you to wear them on new years eve...
esp that skirt which sounds AMAZING~!

a strapless maxi dress from Asos. I love the galaxy & stars print but I don´t wear dresses so I´ve never worn it...

A beautiful grey wool, knee length brocade dress. It is simply to low-cut. Too much skin on display for winter, and the material is too hot for summer:(

My addiction to vintage designer wear is getting a bit too ridiculous :x
I got some cigarette pants from Gianfranco Ferré and a Moschino jacket that I never got the occasion to wear. A lot of Portuguese designer clothing too like Daniela Barros, Elisabeth Teixeira and Ricardo Preto. It's ridiculous because half of my closet is full of clothing that I don't wear, mostly expensive clothing.

a red, sleeveless Antipdodium dress with horizontal slits.

I also have a full length peach coloured ostrich feather massimo dutti skirt that I grabbed/ fell in love with at first sight.

(still waiting for an occasion to wear both!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelvinamankwah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->