What have you bought but never worn?

"I wear everything I buy. If I'm not going to wear it, why bother spending money on it? That doesn't make sense."

Yes, but obviously, almost everyone thinks like this, unless it's something really special which you bought for inspiration, not for wear.. I mean, the things i've bought but never worn was all stuff i belived i was going to wear, but never found an occasion for, didn't have anything to wear with, or got the wrong size etc

^^ i think you make a good point... just because i haven't worn something, or have only worn it once doesn't mean i don't love it or regret the purchase...

i'm the type of person who goes shopping and just looks around at everything without anything specific in mind to buy most of the time...
so if I find a great dress, top, pair of shoes or whatever I'll try it on and if it looks great, I love it and I can see myself wearing it then I'll get it..

I think this is an especially good method when it comes to dresses because I always see ppl searching for the perfect dress or whatever for a formal event--and when you're searching for something you're almost guaranteed not to find anything suitable, or anything that you love :doh:

so i would rather have a closet full of great stuff that I love and have options even before I've got the event to go to :P

Most of the time I get great deals too because I'm good at sales and finding treasures among the dregs of the clearance racks ^_^

I'm the same with BamBam....it's the inexpensive stuff I see on sale that caught my eye more because of the price tag than because it was cute. I'll probably wear it eventually.....:P

Like Chrissy ^ i kinda just shop around and buy as I see something I"m interested in...instead of following a wishlist...I just can't seem to stick to my wishlish though and always end up buying something else -_- I can't resist those darn clearance racks either....but I end up spending more by buying a bunch of sale items then splurging on one, nice ol' new arrival item.

I'm kinda still changing and trying new styles....so the more feminine items like heels and dresses are still in their bags and boxes....dunno when to wear them yet..especially when i'm used to wearing jeans and flats...

i have bought lots of dresses that i adore in the shop and when i came home and tried them on they just didn't fit that well... so i returned or sold them :P

Beautiful Stranger
Yes, but obviously, almost everyone thinks like this, unless it's something really special which you bought for inspiration, not for wear.. I mean, the things i've bought but never worn was all stuff i belived i was going to wear, but never found an occasion for, didn't have anything to wear with, or got the wrong size etc

I know. What I'm saying is that I don't buy anything that I don't know if I'll wear. I usually take a while to decide on whether or not I'll buy something (it ranges from a few hours to days/weeks), so that I'm able to figure out if I have things that will match it or not/if I truly enjoy the item.

The other day i wore a t-shirt for the 1st time....that i bought like 3 years ago!!!! :o

I have several items that i can take ages to start wearing but once i do i do it a lot.

Sometimes one just have to find that day/feeling and outfit that make that unused item fit oh so well amongst one´s wardrobe. :wink:

seanutbutter, i totally understand, and that's a very smart way of shopping, but i still -think- that most people are almost 100% sure they'll wear something when they buy it, but then, when a good occasion comes, they have another item even more suitable to wear. Example:

I rarely wear formal shirts. I wear alot of big plaid shirts, or big linen shirts and similar, but extremely rarely stiff, formal shirts, unless it's required in a formal occasion. Anyway. 7 months ago, i bought a simple, white shirt, mainly because i don't have a white shirt, because it was marked down 50%, and because it was in a very small size, which i rarely find in shirts. Thinking "I can always find an occasion for a white shirt", i bought it. 7 months after, i have not worn it once. It's been several "proper" occasions, but another shirt, rarely worn too most likely, i've found more suitable, or more expensive, so i have to "justify" the buy by wearing it more.

I guess this is what happens to alot of people with the "never worn"-buys. But i guess i'll wear it sometime, somewhere.

silk Chanel scarf

It's beautiful, I've just never worn a scarf and everytime I try to wear it, it just doesn't look right.

lol. I just went through my closet, trying to filter out some winter stuff && make space for summer clothes, so I know everything down to a T, hahaha.

- I have this really beautiful red Diane Von Furstenberg dress that I thought would be a great summer cocktail dress....but, unfortunately I absolutely think it's exquisite on the hanger, but horrible on me! It's so beautiful to look at, I just can't get rid of it, haha.
- An orange Stella McCartney kind of gathered jersey dress
- Dior graffiti dress. I really don't know WHAT I was thinking, haha.
- Jean Paul Gaultier paisley print dress
- Missoni dress
- Prada tan trench
- YSL black && white dress
- Blumarine hot pink && floral wrap dress. Ewgghh.
- Gold Vera Wang dress
- Black Dolce & Gabanna dress
- Valentino floral dress
- strapless, light blue Michael Kors mini-dress
- this really beautiful yellow Oscar De La Renta ball gown with black && white flowers. I think Kerry Washington wore it somewhere. I loveeeee it, but it's a tad too big && I've never gotten around to getting it altered! :/
- Proenza Schouler shirtdress

Also, my friend told me that Christian Loubotins were the best thing since Manolo Blahnik, && extremely comfortable, so I went && bought the patent sling backs and yo-yo pumps in every single color, && they are SO uncomfortable, so unfortunately now I have all those pairs that I never even wear! Haha.

^^sounds like you've got a lot of great stuff that you don't wear!

first, get yourself to a tailor and alter the things that don't fit properly.. it could make all the difference!

also, sounds like you need to do some serious ebaying.. at the very least you'll get some money to spend on new things to hang up and admire :lol:

you could probably get decent prices for all those louboutins--especially since they've never been worn ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with chrissy, you could really earn some ebay-money.

I btw wore the white shirt i wrote about in #47 for the first time yesterday :lol:

this pink jil sander blouse...:(

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 47
I have not worn alot of pairs of shoes, and i keep on buying them! inclduing 4 pairs of untouched louboutins, a burberry prorsum platform sandal and some flats....

My grandfather gave me a LV logo hat. I dont wear hats or loud logos..oh well

- a classic black shift dress. I don't know why I've never worn it, it's weird

- until recently, I never wore this purple and orange racerback blousy style top before. I think I didn't know what I could wear it with, so just left it in my wardrobe

I have not worn alot of pairs of shoes, and i keep on buying them!

such is my dilemma :blush: personally, i think they're too nice and edgy for me to wear to work - where i'm at most of the week! that only leaves me 2 days a week to dress down...and the shoes i haven't worn certainly don't work with a casual wardrobe!

This amazing Jean Paul Gaultier top. Its sheer w/ GAULTIER embroidered on it in huge letters... GAU on the front L on the sleeve TIE on the back and R on the other sleeve. its amazing but since its sheeer its really hard to work.

this pink jil sander blouse...:(
i still haven't worn this...
:ermm:...

i also have a really amazingly soft blk sleeveless sweater from this same collection that has the tag on it...
:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->