Anyone go bespoke here?

Discussion in 'Personal Style' started by PaoloM, May 8, 2010.

1. PaoloM

PaoloM New Member

Question to the men here. Have any of you gotten bespoke clothing made? My favorites are...

Savile Row: Anderson & Sheppard and H. Huntsman
    Italy: Rubinacci and Kiton
    America: Alan Flusser

2. PaoloM

PaoloM New Member

Everyone buys off the rack?

3. ErnstLudwig

ErnstLudwig Member

not so far for me…

Main reason is that at my job I’m with normal business casual wardrobe at the verge of being overdressed, the other reason is of cause the price tag :wink:

Judging from the suits I have seen and felt:
    Italian: I would definitely choose Kiton. Till this day I haven’t seen a single suit which wasn’t perfect & I didn’t like. And the quality of workmanship & fabrics are also outstanding (but so is the extra % that you have to pay). They also make incredible bespoke shoes…

When it comes to Savile Row suits I open for different options.
    A&S I have seen suits that I liked others seemed a little bit roomy & I didn’t like the shoulders, but I dunno if that’s their "style" or if it simply was a preference of the customer. Huntsman I wouldn’t consider because of the unnecessary extra you pay. If I ever going to decide to get a bespoke suit I would choose like 3-5 tailors (definitely not Ozwald Boateng & Gieves & Hawkes ) and judging by the conversation with the employees / suits displayed and fabrics available I would make my decision.

4. Street_a_Licious

Street_a_Licious Active Member

hmmm

since i travel to Asia/Hong Kong a few times a year, i like to get stuff custom made there by the studios where also all the brits go.

stuff like custom hoodies, shirts, pants, coats.

damn cheap and outstanding craftsmanship if you know where to go to.