A Guide To Bespoke - Savile Row

..I wasn't sure where to put it..I chose personal style because it related to ones ability to put a more personal touch to the item one bought..but..Shop till you drop is probably a more appropriate placement :flower:

ok...so now i've moved it into the bespoke topic we started...

i think it will be good to keep them all together so we have a large resource...

thanks for the post hanne... :flower:

Great Topic Softgrey.
Definately worth pinning this one. :flower:

hmmm...that could be good...will consider pinning some topics in this section...
thanks for the suggestion mr gucci... :flower: :kiss:

Such a great thread and a good pinning:-), Softgrey. Thanks!

I have never noticed this before.

glad if you find this useful gucci and ngth...and thanks to gucci for the pinning suggestion... :flower: :kiss:

that little video is gorgeous...thanks for sharing that runner... :flower:

Was there any sound to the video? I couldn't hear any, but it could be my computer.

i don't think so...i didn't have sound either...just images...

these photos are blurry and don't do justice to the pieces at all.
but here are the samples.

Attachments

• atc.jpg
    atc.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 43
they subdivided the pattern to individual muscular structure, taking muscular movement into account. their aim in this line is to reproduct another skin as something to wear.

Attachments

• atc2.jpg
    atc2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 41
  • atc1.jpg
    atc1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 46
where/when will anatomica be available, if you know?
It sounds great!

and another question...are the t-shirts meant to fit snugly or just to skim the body?

what if you have pasta that day?... :wink: :lol:

softgrey said:
and another question...are the t-shirts meant to fit snugly or just to skim the body?

what if you have pasta that day?... :wink: :lol:
they are snug.
some of the subdivided patterns are stretch fabrics which are used where they are needed.
otherwise leather, poplin, etc

ah...i see, thanks...i actually thought they were all cotton knit or some other stretch fabric because i was thinking of a t-shirt...but mixing the fabrics sounds even more interesting...v. cool...

Oh I love Ozwald Boteng. I have custum suits from a lot of designers and the one that was absolutely the best fit and looked just fantastic on me was the Boateng, I recently had one made for a wedding, it was incredible until someone spilled red wine on it and it was not a black suit (!!!!)

I was always a huge fan of Kiton and still am, the quality is just like another dimension of incredible. But I'm loving Boateng b/c it's a much younger style altogether, Something about Kiton still has a mafioso sound to it. My father only wore Kiton and his father was a Kiton man so I guess I'm breaking a tradition but oh well.

I like Ike Behar for shirts too.

Guys, at Mood Designer Fabrics I have met many people like myself that do custom work, people in costume design, architects, interior designers, stylists( tons of stylist for everybody you can imagine). Also many entertainers that come in to find great fabrics so they can have their clothes made. It makes sense ,since it is cheaper to get someone that can sew a garment than spend a million dollars for designer dudes. However, I have come to realize that some of the entertainers, atheletes ect are extremely cheap, and hence they get what they pay for. It can be quite evident when you see some of the announcers, singers, rappers
on TV. I find it quite funny often.

But Mood itself is great. They actually buy many fabrics from designers and mills from the states and abroad. They have two floors of wall to wall goods, with new shipments almost everyday. Fabric heaven. Also if you ask most sales people they can give you info on a local tailor , designer, or seamtress that can do anything according to your needs and wallet. Also they swatch without a hassle. A nice change from the other places. I know we have mentioned this place before, but I wanted to testify to its greatness. Can I get an Amen????

Also the silk Brocades and jaquards, fine coatings, and fine worsted are to die for. Plus 30% to 70% off retail prices, plus you can get fabrics right from the designers that you love.Believe me you will notice them immediatly if you know them.

Mood Designer Fabrics
225 W37st, 3rd floor, 11th floor
Nyc,Ny

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"