Apple or PC?

im a PC user but im thining about switching to MAC (well, i really have to bc of school), what laptop would you recommend?

i want a MAC so badly :doh: cant afford it though... but well, i have a white sony vaio - so at least my laptop looks a little bit like an apple one hahaha

ive been using pcs up until now but am seriously considering about switching to a mac.. my sony vaio has gotten relatively old now as well so it might be the perfect time to make that leap!

Do it! I've used PCs all my life and 2 months ago I switched to a Macbook Pro. I should've done years ago! I get annoyed now when I have to use a pc. It just feels unnatural to me now.

I bought my 13'' macbook at the start of the year and haven't had a single problem with it. My sister's pc though, has been to the repairman _4 times_ this year.

The best thing about macs is no viruses, so no virus protection software. But when you think about how much youre going to spend, remember buying microsoft office suite for mac (to get word, etc - couple of hundred), a hard drive as your "time machine" (worth it if the comp ever does break, all your stuff is backed up), a laptop case ($50AU), and any other software... I got the adobe student design suite as well for photoshop, bridge, indesign, etc.

oh and the search feature is amazing. no more getting the puppy/wizard/earth to help you find something you misplaced (plus it takes ages), just type it in the search box and it will find all documents that feature that particular word, with the most recent at the top. Very useful for when I name 5 pictures "abbey lee gorgeous tfs" and put them in all different spots haha.

overall thrilled with the mac, if you cant tell haha.

i always used windows computer but bought a macbook pro last week. so far i'm really pleased. before that i had a sony vaio and i never had any problems with it but i hope the mac will last longer. also, the mac is cheaper than the sony, so that's a plus. :D

im a PC user but im thining about switching to MAC (well, i really have to bc of school), what laptop would you recommend?

What will you be using your laptop for mostly? Since the new 13" Macbook Pro is only $150 more than the MacBook, I would go for that. The Pro has a lot more power to it. Plus if you're a student and you order from the Educational store, you save $100. If you don't need the laptop right now, wait until the summer-they usually release new models then, plus they have the free ipod deal.

I have the original MacBook, and I absolutely love it. However, I wouldn't buy the FIRST new model of an Apple computer again. Within a few months, both my hard drive and motherboard completely fried and had to be replaced. Of course I didn't have to pay anything, but it was still aggravating. I can't wait to upgrade to a Pro next year!

I'm a PC user but I really want to switch to Mac, because it's been 2 years that I have a HP 6715b, and since then I have problems with it!
I use a lot Photoshop and Abode Premiere because I do video and things like that for fun but with my laptop, there's always something wrong! It's very slow, when I use big softwares after a moment I laways have a black screen, or it does not answer... And I don't have sound anymore without earplugs...Nightmare!

So I want to switch but I don't really kow, Macbook? Macbook pro? The new Macbook has 250Gb memory and the Pro as only 160Gb...
Beside that, What is the big difference between Pro and not Pro? I mean concretly, when you use it?

Thank you

i think the main difference is performance. also, you can't buy more space or RAM for the macbook later if you need more. whereas for the macbook pro you can always buy more space, like 250 GB or 500 GB.
i bought 4 GB RAM instead of 2 and cost like 50 euros i believe. so, that means it's faster.
but to be honest, i don't think there is much difference.
oh, and the pro doesn't come in the pretty white design but silver. :P
also, the macbook only comes with a 13" display.
hope that helps and hope it made sense what i wanted to say, lol.

RoseMary-It's also much cheaper if you buy the bigger RAM/hard drive from another retailer besides Apple. They charge you a ridiculous amount-especially for a RAM upgrade.

You can't change the hard drive/RAM on the MacBook anymore? I have the original one and I can upgrade it. But perhaps it's been changed.

definitely have to go with MAC! I switched over 4 years ago and I would never go back. The few issues I had were solved quickly without hassle, they have great customer service!! I use a macbook pro and it still works like brand new :smile:

Last year I brought my first Macbook and I loved it. On Tuesday I finally bought an iMac 27in, and again I love it.

I highly recommend switching to a MAC for those who are thinking about switching.

RosemAry, thanks for your advices.
Right now I am waiting for the new macbook pro, they should be out by the end of january or early february... Can't wait!!!

no problem! :smile:

ooh, new macbook pro?! :woot: what's new about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbtina
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->