iPod Video

I totally use my iPod video to study Spanish. Oddly enough, the guy who runs the podcast is from Scotland and has the accent to prove it. I listen to it just for that.
I love my iPod, but I'm worried about scratches. My friend pulled the exact same model (the 30 gb one, black) and she had so many marks on it.
Does anyone have any recommendations for relatively cheap covers? Do the hard ones work better than the "soft" ones? Thanks in advance!

The screen on my Video iPod got really messed up :( There are a bunch of black lines across the screen. It is only noticable when the blacklight is on. I took it in and they couldn't fix it, so they gave me a refurbished one.

I have never had a hardcover, but I have had softcovers and leathercovers. I have 2 softcovers and I got them both from CompUSA for under $5 (they were on sale.) I have 2 leathercovers for my mini iPod and I must say I prefer the leather ones :smile: They seem to be more protective. I guess you get what you pay for :P

I just bought this and I love it! I've got 8 I-Pod games on it so far... :heart:

Meg said:
ooh i didn't know style.com did video podcasts! I also watch modtv and the fashion network. I thought about creating a thread for us to pool our podcast fashion resources but couldn't think of where to put it so it's on hold. What is with you and disneyland??!! do you work there?!!

I also subscribe to:
Slate.com daily and the explainer
Washingtonpost.com video and audio podcasts
This Week in Law
Harvard Business Review
New York Times Front Page
Food Network :smile:woot:smile:

I think thats it for now...
Meg, how do you subscribe to the NY times podcasts? Is there a link, how does it update?

I'm confused as to how podcasts work onto the ipod? Can anyone give a quick explanation? If it's a daily podcast, do you have to update your ipod daily?

I'm a bit upset since my internet connection at home is on the fritz so it's only half downloading things so I'll get 20sec. instead of 5 minutes. You'd think it wouldn't load it if it was incomplete. oh well. I also noticed my first scratch on the screen this morning. Boo. it's very faint, I think it could be buffed out (there are some washes and things I saw on geeksugar that do this) but still. You can't see it when it is lit.

YBF - it updates automatically. In itunes there are different sections but if you just type in new york times in the search window this should pop up. There is a 'subscribe' button and you click it and then it will start to download todays episode and then depending how often you have your itunes set for updates (mine is every hour) it will then check every hour or whenever to see if there are updates and then download them. Then the next time you plug your ipod in it will sync with your ipod. It's all done through itunes and it's pretty easy. I'm not skilled at all with this sort of thing and I can do it!

Meg said:
I'm a bit upset since my internet connection at home is on the fritz so it's only half downloading things so I'll get 20sec. instead of 5 minutes. You'd think it wouldn't load it if it was incomplete. oh well. I also noticed my first scratch on the screen this morning. Boo. it's very faint, I think it could be buffed out (there are some washes and things I saw on geeksugar that do this) but still. You can't see it when it is lit.

YBF - it updates automatically. In itunes there are different sections but if you just type in new york times in the search window this should pop up. There is a 'subscribe' button and you click it and then it will start to download todays episode and then depending how often you have your itunes set for updates (mine is every hour) it will then check every hour or whenever to see if there are updates and then download them. Then the next time you plug your ipod in it will sync with your ipod. It's all done through itunes and it's pretty easy. I'm not skilled at all with this sort of thing and I can do it!

ah thanks, cause I was looking around nytimes.com and the podcast links werent working for me. :lol:

I really want one but they are coming out with new stuff all the time... and plus iPods are soooo expensive over here because they have to import everything...

Thanks PinkCouture!
I know what you mean; I got my iPod mini and a week later the nano came out. I'm thinking though, and hoping, that the video is the only thing that'll be out for this model for awhile..it seems to have everything on it. I remember saying that I wouldn't get another one until the version where I could get it implanted in my brain came out. But, my parents got me one.
Surprisingly, I would have been happy with a regular mp3 player, because I just use mine for music.

They are coming out with the new ipod any-minute-now. Big mistake if you buy one now I think.

Meg said:
ooh i didn't know style.com did video podcasts! I also watch modtv and the fashion network. I thought about creating a thread for us to pool our podcast fashion resources but couldn't think of where to put it so it's on hold. What is with you and disneyland??!! do you work there?!!

I also subscribe to:
Slate.com daily and the explainer
Washingtonpost.com video and audio podcasts
This Week in Law
Harvard Business Review
New York Times Front Page
Food Network (
w00t.gif
)

I think thats it for now...
Here here, for this ipod sources thread !!!! Make one, please someone

I know barely anything about podcasts actually :unsure:
I just know you can load them on your ipod or cell phone

i finally updated my ipod photo to an ipod video and i don't even use it that often now. haha. i was holding out for an updated ipod video or something and i just gave up already.

speaking of podcasts. i'm in love with all the fashion podcasts they have on itunes.

^is there a way i can get those if i don't have iTunes? i hear you can download podcasts to your computer as well. i wanted to look for complete runway videos

well, itunes is a free download. so you can download it even if you don't have an ipod. that's probably the easiest way to do it. :flower:

I own a white ipod video 30 Gb for about one year and it is still perfect,it only has two little scratches on the screem.I love it so much!!!

I used to have a blue mini, but now I have a black 30GB iPod video, love it very much!

They are coming out with the new ipod any-minute-now. Big mistake if you buy one now I think.

I think so too. I've had a mini for a while now, and I've been wanting to get the video. They haven't upgraded in some time, so I'm just waiting for the next new iPod to buy a new one. I always hear these kinds of stories of people buying one model and the new one coming out a few days later. I definitely don't want that to happen to me, so I'm waiting it out for sure.

My screen broke when I dropped it! Does anyone know if they will replace it? I have the apple care plan.

^accidents like that..they dont always fix it for free

good luck with it though

i heart it takes forever for them to fix it or something like that. but i know that you can send it in. but it's def not free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->