Arabian / Smokey eye Look

Smoky eyes

This is one look that I am so, so, SO bad at creating myself. It doesn't help that I'm Asian and while I have fairly large eyes for an Asian (everyone thinks I'm a halfie), apparently it's more difficult to apply eyeshadow on Asian eyes because our eyelids are different...?

I can't seem to get the eyeliner across my top lashline to stay even and straight. How do we smudge the eyeliner and apply the eyeshadow without making a hot mess? How do we ensure that it stays put for the whole night?

If anyone is particularly apt at creating this look, please give me some much needed advice. I'm sick of having to run out and get professional make-up done any time I go anywhere remotely special! I'm determined to finally master it once and for all.

Getting the party look sorted i see! Right well i dont know how to adivise this look, im no make up artist however on a thread in paint that face theres a topic called "i think this look is hot-how could i get it" and kimkchuu does a good description there of how to get smokey eyes. I can't do it either i end up looking like a panda especially after a nights dancing!

i think i've mentioned this already in another thread, but using a deep bronze eyeshadow with black mascara can acheive a similar but more natural kind of effect.

my advice is to skip the shadow completely. use kohl on your upper eyelid and smudge, top with lots of mascara. on the bottom, line the inside of your eye and then use kohl on your lashline. smudge as needed...

Maybe putting on a good make up primer or cream eye shadow base (like MAC Paints or NARS Cream Shadows) to keep shadows in place?

Now what I'd like to know is how to pull this off (especially for asian eyes:(

Dior s/s 2005 ^_^

juicytubeaddict said:
i think i've mentioned this already in another thread, but using a deep bronze eyeshadow with black mascara can acheive a similar but more natural kind of effect.

my advice is to skip the shadow completely. use kohl on your upper eyelid and smudge, top with lots of mascara. on the bottom, line the inside of your eye and then use kohl on your lashline. smudge as needed...

yea my question is, do you HAVE to use black eyeshadow on your upper eyelid or can u just use a kohl pencil and smudge??

i think its easier with black eye shadow, Versace Girl. I SUCK at drawing a straight line on the top so i usually just use the black shadow (i use "Black Tied" from MAC) and then with a brush i kinda smear it a bit on the top to make it blend in with whatever color i put over (which is usually this nude sparkly one i use from Chanel- it comes in a case of 4 different shadows and its called "Spices"). It sounds weird but only because I cant explain it right. Sorry I'm of no help! :(

Arabian / Smoky eye Look

I kno theres alot of threads on this, but my prom is in 2 weeks and desperatly need HELP!!

I found this on an arabic makeup site and i love her smoky eye!!

does anyone have a clue how to achieve the same look?

-is the black under her eyes black kohl pencil or black eyeshadow??

rose21en.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Golden_butterfly said:
I think she's been using both black kohl pencil and a liquid eyeliner under her
eyes :wink:

this may sound stupid, but iv never worn blackeyeliner before :blush:
can u tell me how to apply it like hers?

^ The best way is to " practice " in front of a mirror. That's the only way you can get it right with liquid eyeliner.

I will try my best to explain on how to achieve this look :wink:

You begin with applying foundation and concealer under eyes, and shading and highlighting to bring out temples, cheekbones and define jaw.

Some help :

" The second photo is really an illustration of the contours of the face. The application is exaggerated and not to be taken too literally. It's just to show how highlighting and contouring (when sparingly applied and carefully blended) can add definition to the face. You can use this photo to understand your own bone structure and make the most of it. " - Kevin Aucoin

Going back to the arabian eyes...

Start to define your eyes with a light shadow all over your lid ( a pale creamy brown or a soft grey shadow) blend this colour from your lids softly up to your browbone.

A deeper shade into your contour to create a defined look, and blend this shadow along your crease, continue blending this shade upwards and outwards this shadow creates a guide for your eyeliner.

Finish your eyeshadow with a touch of subtle shimmer as a highlight under the arch of your eyebrow.

Use a black liquid eyeliner right along your lashline to the innermost corner and goes straight along your lashline to the outer corner.
Keep the line straight and strong (if you smudge, use a damp cotton tip ).
At the outer corner, flick your eyeliner brush (very carefully) upwards and outwards, tapering the outer edge of the eyeliner to a fine end (not a thick end, this looks too heavy).

Then sweep a line using your contour shadow into your lower lashes, start on the outer edge of your pupil and join this line with your eyeliner on the upper corner, keeping this line right into your lashes, and softly blend.

To make it really dramatic ( like the picture u posted ) also add false eyelashes and coats of mascara on both the top and bottom lashes.

Finish it off with defining your eyebrows with eyebrowpencil. Peach coloured blush. And use pale nude or " pink - ish " nude lipgloss.

I hope I could help you a little :flower:

Black eye liner under the lower lashes, give a very heavy look, athough it doesn´t seem like that on the picture because picture kind of "smooth" the make up. I if saw that make up in a girl you would probably think it was a "bit too much".

You will look better if you go for a smokey eye look with some dark or black eyeshadow, that may have liquid eye liner on the top lid, but only khol and eyeshadow on the lower. I recommend a black eyeshadow with some shimmer, like Mac´s Black Tie and maybe topped in the end with some eye gloss.

You can also read this article for more tips:
http://www.handbag.com/beauty/makeup/auteyes042/

http://www.handbag.com/beauty/tips/john_tricks_smokyeyes/

Using eyeshadow instead of liner on the lower part of your eye creates a softer (diffussed) look...and as sofialuv says about wearing liner on your lower eye: "I if saw that make up on a girl you would probably think it was a "bit too much". I'd think Goth-Girl-Overload (nothing wrong w. that..just not the look I think you're aiming at :wink: )

The tool you really need to have to apply eyeshadow on your lower eye is a good is a firmly (not bendy) brush.

I use MAC #266 but #212 looks like it could do the trick as well..
http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/mp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15083

Add eyeshadow to the edge of the brush..blow any excess eyeshadow of off the brush..(if you don't any excess eyeshadow on the brush will trinkle down, and smear on your face) and gentle dab the edge of the brush along the lower edge of your eye. Less is more..it's easier to apply more gradually than remove too much.

if you are a newbie to black eyeliner, try using loreal'skohl eyeliner..its easy to use and difficult to make a mistake

this has nothing to do with wut ur talking about but the picture of the girl that u have up is gorgeous who is she??

frenchkisses said:
this has nothing to do with wut ur talking about but the picture of the girl that u have up is gorgeous who is she??

That's Haifa Wahbe, beautiful alright :heart: , but one hell of a sl*t. [no offense]
She's this huge superstar in the middle east, and she can't even sing. The only thing I personally like about her is her plastic surgi-ed face.

It's a mix of kohl (smokey eyes), liquid eyeliner and fake lashes, along with coloring the eyebrows.

You'd want to invest in good eye brushes (MAC has great, and relatively affordable ones)- take the pic with you to a MAC/Makeup forever (or your fav makeup shop) counter and ask for their advise, normally its free and helpful

Last edited by a moderator:
These days I find it hard to find make - up inspiration for girls with dark hair and dark eyes ( like myself ). Thank you very much Tulip :heart: :flower:

I know the feeling Golden Butterfly^_^ >>dark hair+dark eyes too<<

I found some more pics- I love dramatic eyes and pale lips

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->