Armani Collezioni Cruise 2011

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
Giorgio Armani played with shapes and patterns for his Armani Collezioni collection — with bold geometric tops, feminine floral skirts and chic stripes on classic pin-striped suits and nautical Ts. He showed his attention to detail with textured and treated leathers, giving the lineup a cool, urban edge.
Pz5j1.jpg
fa5LR.jpg

vFfnM.jpg
vUeot.jpg

C8yIi.jpg
VFTZT.jpg

qotOW.jpg
tazaY.jpg

qnMQn.jpg

wwd.com

Those wide leg pants are just repulsive...

why does he even have this collection. Just a waste of fabric.

why does he even have this collection. Just a waste of fabric.

why does he present this way? it exists because there exist people who will pay anything for the armani label regardless of how it looks, but why even hire a model?

Boring? Maybe. Say what you want about it. But Mr Armani created this look. He's the Italian classic. No one will do it better than him because he's the one who did it :wink:

wow i'm so under-whelmed rignt now!!! I agree with Mikeijames that there are too many people who will buy a product because of its lable yet irrespective of how it actually looks.....It's a shame but it's part of the industry I suppose...... :/

what on earth is this? the 7th look has "wrong" written all over

this almost hurts! is this Collezioni? seriously? never would've guessed this was the target audience...
the sloppy pants, the preteen girl... and what's in that grey dress? viscose? :shock:

Cathy Horyn did a good thing this week when she praised the work of "creative directors" like Bailey, or Tom Ford... she just kind of forgot to slash Armani and the poor job he is doing at holding his brand together

Boring? Maybe. Say what you want about it. But Mr Armani created this look. He's the Italian classic. No one will do it better than him because he's the one who did it :wink:

Yes, it's an Armani brand but I dont' think he has much to do with the collection unlike designing at Giorgio Armani and Emporio Armani. Patrick Robinson, now at Gap, was once the head designer at Armani Collezioni. But of course it will sell for "people who buy Armani's."

... she just kind of forgot to slash Armani and the poor job he is doing at holding his brand together

now now, play nice. armani has brought forward some truly covetable items at his eponymous and emporio line in the past couple of seasons. armani is an empire. it has brands and lines that appeal to a wide swath of this globe. we don't lump armani exchange with armani casa with his hotel with his underwear. we should all be smart enough to judge each collection on its own merits. and this collection, on its own merits, leaves much to be desired especially compared to the output from other lines...

00070m.jpg
00770m.jpg

style.com; gq.com

Last edited by a moderator:
quite ordinary, I ve seen better at Old Navy and Gap only the last gown is tolerable

now now, play nice. armani has brought forward some truly covetable items at his eponymous and emporio line in the past couple of seasons. armani is an empire. it has brands and lines that appeal to a wide swath of this globe. we don't lump armani exchange with armani casa with his hotel with his underwear. we should all be smart enough to judge each collection on its own merits. and this collection, on its own merits, leaves much to be desired especially compared to the output from other lines...

style.com; gq.com

i'm not saying it's all horrible... he just cant seem to hold his empire as coherent/cohesive/... as he used to.
He appeals to such a wide swath as you said, that sometimes he seems to mix them, the lines blend and that's not always good when we are talking about the very linear, graphic, minimalist armani.
Now collezioni gets all young and fresh (instead of stiff and precisely cut as it normally is) emporio sometimes is all glittery and grownup, and yet some others it's sporty and dressed down...
For the record, I must admit I like some of the stuff he has recently done in his atelier collections, which are not so safe anymore and that becomes him a lot. It's so good to see he can actually sculpt and pull off some shape, and even do it in bold colors!

i'm not saying it's all horrible... he just cant seem to hold his empire as coherent/cohesive/... as he used to.
He appeals to such a wide swath as you said, that sometimes he seems to mix them, the lines blend and that's not always good when we are talking about the very linear, graphic, minimalist armani.
Now collezioni gets all young and fresh (instead of stiff and precisely cut as it normally is) emporio sometimes is all glittery and grownup, and yet some others it's sporty and dressed down...
For the record, I must admit I like some of the stuff he has recently done in his atelier collections, which are not so safe anymore and that becomes him a lot. It's so good to see he can actually sculpt and pull off some shape, and even do it in bold colors!

agreed. i've been happy with him for a few seasons for embracing a color besides beige.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vikutea
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->