Armani's Sexual Offence

Originally posted by ignitioned32@May 13th, 2004 - 5:24 am
I think that it is wrong because they're trying to make the kid look like an adult.
i'm sorry but in my community (filled with spoilt little rich kids who have cell phones before kindergarten and have more tiffany silver in their mouths before they even teethe fully) i have seen little boys who look like this in and around the beach. low-riding pants and all the like are commonplace for baby clothes....that shock should be over with...we don't dress our babies in little pink onesies anymore.

this ad (and i know that i haven't seen the full campaign yet) nor any ad targeted to this market has the ability to change something that's already for the most part mainstream.

I apologize for the really tiny image size (it was all I could find), but here is the offending advertisement:

ACF29B_2.jpg

:ninja:

this is again from the armani site right brian?

looks like a sad oiled kid in drag :sick:

i wish the industry had more respect to childhood :cry:

It's quite obvious they're sexualizing the kid in the photo. I mean why else who he be in jeans only, the photo in black and white and make him look like an adult? :rolleyes: :sick: :angry:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@May 14th, 2004 - 8:57 am
make him look like an adult? :rolleyes: :sick: :angry:
you mean like a girl right?
he does not look like an adult at all to me,
he looks like a submisive kid in drag :cry:

once again: dont feed the beasts lux people :angry:

Originally posted by Lena+May 14th, 2004 - 3:04 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ May 14th, 2004 - 3:04 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@May 14th, 2004 - 8:57 am
make him look like an adult? :rolleyes: :sick: :angry:
you mean like a girl right? [/b][/quote]
More of 'mature' in a girly way.

We live in such a screwed up world. I think its a big shame when designers have to start preying on innocent children to sell their goods. Clearly this boy has been made up to look very girlish( lots of paedophiles like the 'pretty boy' look). :angry: As a mother with young children, i dont look at ads or are influenced by them, before buying clothing. I go to the store and if i see something i like i buy it, why do they need to go to this length? There are so many perverts out there just waiting for this kind of advertising to take off. :shock: :yuk:

i hate to play the devil's advocate: but how else would you propose marketing a surf-themed collection for children? they sell children's clothes...so they aren't going to model them on adults and no one is interested in how the clothes look spread out over a canvas...you want to see how the clothes look on...

i really think that a lot of critics are projecting a certain sexuality onto these ads. i want to know what's the difference between this and those oldschool sunscreen ads where they show the dog pulling down the little girl's britches...was that sexual, too? she's not wearing a shirt after all.

Originally posted by mikeijames@May 14th, 2004 - 2:24 pm
i hate to play the devil's advocate: but how else would you propose marketing a surf-themed collection for children? they sell children's clothes...so they aren't going to model them on adults and no one is interested in how the clothes look spread out over a canvas...you want to see how the clothes look on...

i really think that a lot of critics are projecting a certain sexuality onto these ads. i want to know what's the difference between this and those oldschool sunscreen ads where they show the dog pulling down the little girl's britches...was that sexual, too? she's not wearing a shirt after all.
:shock: oh.. come on, there are other ways in promoting /styling advertisements for the young market, one doesnt need to add make up and oil to a kid in order to sell his line. :ninja:

question: do male teens go around oiled, naked and with full make up in your neighborhood?
over here they dont really play with make up, too busy skating around, riding bikes , partying and listening to loud music.

this is not mirroring trends, this is promoting sexual objects and there is nothing cool in this... sorry

Originally posted by Lena@May 14th, 2004 - 11:05 am
question: do male teens go around oiled, naked and with full make up in your neighborhood?
over here they dont really play with make up, too busy skating around, riding bikes , partying and listening to loud music.

this is not mirroring trends, this is promoting sexual objects and there is nothing cool in this... sorry
let's not be outlandish....makeup is used in advertisments for everything from adult diapers to pistols...it's not to amplify some sexuality, it's a simple and necessary part of making a blemish free commercial...as far as the oil...kids playing in the sun sweat...it's used to mimick that...next thing i know you'll be saying that the reason they shampoo-ed the horses hair in those calvin klein ads a couple years ago was to help promote horses as sex objects.

if this were a girl in high heels and thick makeup bending over or in some other sexually provactive stance, i would totally agree with you...but you are saying that a boy sitting down against a wall is cause for protest. i just can't go with you there. america has this closeted obsession with sexuality that is quite frankly embarrassing when compared to the other liberal attitudes of other countries. in a nation where we go to war on whim and can flip to all types of violence on a daily basis, one innocuous ad should not garner any attention whatsoever.

i think the problem is that he's being made to look older.. they should just show cildren as children

excuses for not sharing your view on this mikeijames, to me - regardless of America and its problems (which i find completly irrelevant here)- this kind of advertisment deserves the bashing.

i have a very soft point regarding children abuse and any kind of promoting or 'feeding' the situation. i wish i could see the real advertisment but on the other hand i'm so glad its hard to find.

once more : dont feed the beasts :angry:

i don't really ahve a problem with them using children, but I do not like any one takeing advantage and or degreating others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->