Armpit hair: gross or sexy?

(And legs and between, ick hair on the body is nasty.) I doubt any guy would even say that was sexy, it's just I'm getting grossed out thinking about it.

There are actually men who have a fetish for body and facial hair on women. I'm not just talking about women who have a little bit of a moustache, some dark hair on their arms and haven't shaved their legs, but women who naturally have something like a thick, curly, black treasure trail.

poor things will be getting the chop tomorow:lol:

its my designated pamper day tomorow before i pop on the train to london town. i will miss being a lazy lady though!

^LOL. I can't believe some women have full on staches!!! And those guys need some therapy, my gosh =x.

There are actually men who have a fetish for body and facial hair on women. I'm not just talking about women who have a little bit of a moustache, some dark hair on their arms and haven't shaved their legs, but women who naturally have something like a thick, curly, black treasure trail.

That's already in the realms of fetish:lol: But anyway I was I was one of those 70s Andy Warhol movies the other day something called " Virgin Blood for Dracula" and all the girls had big bushy armpits and they are all damn sexy.
I guess everything has to do with fashion and culture.

^ Lol, I can't even google hairy armpits (if I do, I need a bucket).

^LOL. I can't believe some women have full on staches!!!

I've only seen ones on women that look like peach fuzz but slightly darker (because of their brown or black hair). It's barely noticeable. I have only seen one Indian lady who clearly had a moustache and a beard just like a man's (poor girl) and extremely hairy arms. In a way I felt glad that my hair problems are not as bad as hers, but at the same time I felt sad knowing that most men probably wouldn't want to be with her because of her facial hair problem. She was a really beautiful and kind woman, too.

I've come across stranger men than those that love hairy women. I once had a guy who was asking if I knew any women with extremely hairy arms (who loves showing them off), a big bulbous nose and braces because he found them 'so hot'. :blink:

^LOL. I can't believe some women have full on staches!!! And those guys need some therapy, my gosh =x.

Um, and why precisely would they need therapy? There's a vast spectrum of human sexuality and unless a particular attraction is illegal or consumes a person's life, they don't "need therapy". Unless you're implying that finding body hair attractive is some sort of mental illness :huh:

EDIT: I love how my location is "Hell"and this is my 6,660 post! Just had to say that :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Body hair is natural for mammals. I don't find it either sexy or a turn-off in most cases. And in some cases it could be sexy, or a turn off. It all depends on the individual.

Preference for body hair or not is totally social conditioning. If it was "normal" to be sickened by body hair, none of us would be here today; our ancestors would have been unable to reproduce in the days before shaving. :lol:

Um, and why precisely would they need therapy? There's a vast spectrum of human sexuality and unless a particular attraction is illegal or consumes a person's life, they don't "need therapy". Unless you're implying that finding body hair attractive is some sort of mental illness :huh:

EDIT: I love how my location is "Hell"and this is my 6,660 post! Just had to say that :P

Most of the time fetishes like this or ones where they want a woman to change them or step on a kitten come from deranged events in childhood. It's a bit extreme and I'd say they need therapy. Come on now, bushy hair on a woman's underarms is something to get turned on by. If I had a b/f like that, it would be the end (since I learned in psych that some odd fetishes have some crazy underlying trama and events).And plus, it's an expression and my opinion. Just like you have yours. There's no need to think too much into my comment.

L0VE, you are indeed entitled to your opinion, but I think you are viewing this somewhat narrowly. Consider a hypothetical person whose first sexual experience was with a woman who is naturally hirsute, and that this experience was a good one. Would it be deranged or "crazy trauma", to use your terms, for that person to form an association between hirsute women and sexual pleasure? To such a person, it might be the shaving of body hair that seems fetishistic. :flower:

Most of the time fetishes like this or ones where they want a woman to change them or step on a kitten come from deranged events in childhood. It's a bit extreme and I'd say they need therapy. Come on now, bushy hair on a woman's underarms is something to get turned on by. If I had a b/f like that, it would be the end (since I learned in psych that some odd fetishes have some crazy underlying trama and events).And plus, it's an expression and my opinion. Just like you have yours. There's no need to think too much into my comment.

No, sorry, saying that someone's sexual attraction is the result of some childhood trauma is complete unfounded and WRONG. In fact, it's downright offensive. First of all, since when was being attracted to body hair a sick fetish? It's believed that pubic and arm pit hair might trap pheromones.

And more importantly, who are you to decide what's normal and what's not? Or who needs therapy or not? Are you a trained psychologist? Did you go to med school and now practice as a psychiatrist?

You must not have paid much attention is psych because everything you just said is completely wrong. I mean, just SO wrong. I happen to be attracted to body hair and I suffered no childhood trauma :innocent::ninja::yuk::blink::unsure:

Sorry, but I'm really and truly offended, I can't even express it all :(

It was said as an expression, please.

and
that some odd fetishes

Most of the time fetishes like this or ones where they want a woman to change them or step on a kitten come from deranged events in childhood.

I'm saying this because there was a show on this, a guy was obsessed with watching women stomp on baby kittens because he seen someone do this as a child and was turned on. I'd call this trauma or just an odd event. Some may call this normal. I'm not one of them.

I'm also not saying ALL fetishes are nuts or have underlying issues, I said Some.

Getting turned on my seeing a woman with hairy armpits is not the usual reaction of someone (obviously just read this thread). Most would say it isn't the norm there for not "normal". If it was, all women would walk around with hairy pits.

And the word some means not all.

This is consistent with the theory that fetishism derives from behavioural imprinting in early childhood, a phenomenon which is not only supported by anecdotal evidence in humans, but can be demonstrated experimentally in animals. It is also hypothesized that the modern world provides many opportunities for superstimulus based on objects that both mimic and exaggerate natural stimuli.
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cach...hes+childhood+trauma&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoiw do you know what the normal, usual reaction is? THe comments of some people on tFS do not constitute some sort of scientific study. Whether or not I find body hair on men or women is inconsequential. I'm guessing you're going to imply that it's normal to find it attractive on men but finding hair on women attractive is wrong, or deranged, or mentally ill or whatever. What if I were a lesbian? Would that change it? Oh wait, is homosexuality even "normal"? Oh, what a tangled web we weave......

:D

No, because a fetish is usually a sexual attraction. Unless your into that, fine. And if it were men, I was going to say most women find men with facial hair, etc. attractive. But my point was about arm pit hair, I don't know maybe it's a normal thing. =)

I'm sorry for offending you btw.

I

Getting turned on my seeing a woman with hairy armpits is not the usual reaction of someone (obviously just read this thread). Most would say it isn't the norm there for not "normal". If it was, all women would walk around with hairy pits.

Not long, 60s and 70s for example, most women had hairy armpits and everybody thought it was normal and sexy. This idea of hairy armpits as gross is a cultural construction. I shave my armpits because I was taught that they have to be shaved and that visible armpit hair is gross, if I lived in another society and we were all taught something else, nobody would think it's gross, there are no absolute truths in this case.

^ I never heard of that but ok. That was only the hardcore hippies but some still shaved according to the ones I talked to. I guess some didn't but it was more for a statement and not for looks or to be sexy. Just like the growing out of the hair and going bra less. I was saying more about now.

^ I never heard of that but ok.

You never heard that people didn't shave their armpits in the past?!

You just have to watch any 60s, 70s erotic movie and everyone is hairy, all sex symbols has hairy armpits, the movies of Emanuelle, the lovely Jane Birkin. The Warhol movies that I mentioned before. It was not considered unsexy.

Patti Smith even has a cover of one of her albums with Hairy armpits.

The shaved armpits it's something that became fashionable, a cultural construction.

I've read XIX century novels where the uni-brow and the slight mustache was highly appreciated:lol:, where those people abnormal? Of course not, their idea of beauty is just different from ours now.

^ No that in the 60's and 70's women had hairy pits =). I just heard of hippies but that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CREATIVERESEARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->