As Four S/s 2005

from wwd :heart:

As Four: Moving forward from fall’s all-black showing that harkened back to their earlier days, As Four’s Avi, Ange, Kai and Gabi trotted out a light, clean collection. With much of the team’s signature color and embellishment stripped away, the collection was boiled down to its purest form. And, though there were floral prints, most of the collection was rendered in monotone pales. But, as the big, bad wolf once said, “It’s all the better to see you with, my pretty.”

The team continued to push the idea of sculptural shapes that shift with the body by creatively cutting fabrics such as sea island cotton and buttery silk charmeuse into dresses and tops that cling, flutter and flap. Tailored pieces in twill and leather were similarly light, even when trimmed with a shimmying fringe or strung with strands of silk-covered balls, which were a recurring motif on dresses and swimsuits. And, following the finale of silk charmeuse dresses that, in a perfect world, would hit the red carpet, the crowd treated the kooky quartet to a standing ovation.

it really was a great collection :ninja:

I thought it was good. As Four finally managed to incorporate their kooky ideas into great, wearable sportswear. A few things I did not like, though, were the ones that did not seem to work (the fusing of their ideas with commerciality), the overtly commercial, J.Lo-ish pieces.

P.S. They could have chosen a better venue (background) or just photographing it.

Hit or miss, but definitely better than before.

I really like this. I've always found there collections very interesting, but difficult. I think they've done a wonderful job of translating all of their ideas and techniques into an incredibly wearable collection. :clap:

i love this collection however i wonder how much it appealed to people who already like as four...this looked so totally different (and saturated with commerical pieces) that it would seem to alienate the old customer.

I noticed that there are a lot of earthy colors in a number of the S/S '05 collections.

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Sep 13 2004, 06:22 AM
A few things I did not like, though, were the ones that did not seem to work (the fusing of their ideas with commerciality), the overtly commercial, J.Lo-ish pieces.

P.S. They could have chosen a better venue (background) or just photographing it.
[snapback]365698[/snapback]​

wich are thous?
i agree about the backround, but it's the tents

mikeijames* I'am a big As Four fan for a long time, I was a bit dispointed with the simplistic pieces and teh more commercial additued, but they really needed it beacuas most of there previous collections where very unwearable for msot people.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Sep 13 2004, 01:17 PM
i love this collection however i wonder how much it appealed to people who already like as four...this looked so totally different (and saturated with commerical pieces) that it would seem to alienate the old customer.
[snapback]365838[/snapback]​

Honestly, they didn't really have an old customer. As Four stuff doesn't sell well at all. Really the only people in New York that wear that stuff are either the designers themselves or their very close friends. This collection is definitely a good move.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Sep 13 2004, 03:12 PM
Honestly, they didn't really have an old customer. As Four stuff doesn't sell well at all. Really the only people in New York that wear that stuff are either the designers themselves or their very close friends. This collection is definitely a good move.
[snapback]366022[/snapback]​

I wonder why Barneys still bothers with them, and who finances them.

Originally posted by faust@Sep 13 2004, 04:25 PM
I wonder why Barneys still bothers with them, and who finances them.
[snapback]366043[/snapback]​

I, too, was wondering that after their show on Sunday which consisted of nearly 60 looks, pretty much double their usual shows. Then I walked past this phone booth right outside the tents with an ad for "Georg Jensen interpreted by As Four". :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if Jensen is feeding them with some serious cash.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Sep 13 2004, 03:34 PM
I, too, was wondering that after their show on Sunday which consisted of nearly 60 looks, pretty much double their usual shows. Then I walked past this phone booth right outside the tents with an ad for "Georg Jensen interpreted by As Four". :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if Jensen is feeding them with some serious cash.
[snapback]366053[/snapback]​

Jeebus!!! This is one big conspiracy...

i beilieve their last collection was sponsored by a cigarette company...or maybe that's the one before...they all walked down the runway smoking at the end of it...while chloe sevingny sat in front of me practically making out with some guy... :rolleyes: :lol:

This collection was a breath of fresh air. The collections this season from NY have been terribly boring and plain. This and Thakoon are my favorites so far. I just hope Paris and Milan do better.

My favorites...long collection, almost not worth it...
00150f.jpg
00230f.jpg

00060f.jpg
00130f.jpg

00250f.jpg
00270f.jpg

00280f.jpg
00360f.jpg

00380f.jpg
00440f.jpg

those dresses are just a big piece of fabric tied around the neck to me...where is the design element...???...not impressed...sorry...

i can certainly see the beauty in a piece of fabric wraped around the body, it may be simple but its so fresh and effortless, quite very elegant..

love this collection (you are not alone Amelie)

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 13 2004, 04:54 PM
i can certainly see the beauty in a piece of fabric wraped around the body, it may be simple but its so fresh and effortless, quite very elegant..

love this collection (you are not alone Amelie)
[snapback]366289[/snapback]​

i agree, there wonderful, very egyptian/old hollywood :heart:

I don't think some thing has to be complicated to be be design :shock:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 13 2004, 07:30 PM
I don't think some thing has to be complicated to be be design :shock:
[snapback]366316[/snapback]​

of course it doesn't have to be complicated to be design..but i'd like to see some thought put into it ...something clever... something new...something special...just doesn't feel special to me...
reminds me of elissa jimenez or m.r.s....but with better fabric...

i don't think it's bad...i just don't think it's special... :ninja:
i just don't feel it... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->