At Your Door

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:woot: lovely idea from Topshop :heart:

Topshop: Delivering and Deliverees

By Ellen Burney

LONDON — First there were personal shoppers and now, thanks to Topshop, there are shoppers who make house calls.

The British retailer will unveil its Topshop to Go service this month, aimed at girls’ nights out and other parties. It will deliver a customized collection from any Topshop line to homes or businesses close to London.

Customers will precall a hotline to discuss the occasion, number of guests, and their likes, dislikes and sizes. Topshop staff will then put together an assortment of clothing, shoes, hosiery and accessories that will be delivered, in a Top Shop-branded Mercedes SUV, within 40 minutes.

There is no fee for the service and no pressure to buy.

“We just wanted to make our style-adviser service even better,” said Caren Downie, buying director for Topshop. She added the service may be rolled out to other major cities in the U.K. later this year.

Topshop is also catering to another niche market: pregnant women. Next week, the ‘b’ maternity collection launches in 20 Topshop stores in the U.K.

The name, ‘b’, is from the shape of a bump — what the English call a pregnant stomach — and the collection will reflect seasonal trends with key pieces, including skinny-leg jeans and pleated denim miniskirts.

“We’re focused on not looking frumpy, as well as comfort,” said Downie, who admitted the retailer’s all-female buying office was behind the launch.

“We have quite a lot of pregnancies here, and there’s consistent complaining that pregnant women have nothing stylish to wear,” she said.

Topshop, which has become a fashion institution in the U.K., has over the past five years seen its customer base creep up from young teens to women of all ages.

extracts from wwd article

"At Your Door, Top Shop ..delivers"
Not beyond the UK, it doesn't. :huh:
We need more good stores here...

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@May 21st, 2004 - 8:29 am
:lol: of course you dont get TopShop in usa, i knew that purple :innocent:
but there are quite some UK -and uk visiting- FSmembers around to get the thrill :P

Originally posted by Lena+May 21st, 2004 - 3:38 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ May 21st, 2004 - 3:38 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@May 21st, 2004 - 8:29 am
but there are quite some UK -and uk visiting- FSmembers around to get the thrill :P [/b][/quote]
I'm in Canada, actually. And yes, I'm just complaining. :rolleyes:

wow, what a wonderful idea...the only thing I wouldn't like would be the obviously marked Topshop SUV. I think it would be kind of embarrasing :innocent:
Too bad they don't have Topshop here. Would Topshop be considered US equivalent of Forever 21?

punkie...it's more like H&M but club monaco pricing...it's not all that cheap...i was surprised...but the quality is definitley better than H&M...they also have shoes and a vintage dept... :flower:

Originally posted by Lena+May 21st, 2004 - 4:38 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ May 21st, 2004 - 4:38 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@May 21st, 2004 - 8:29 am
but there are quite some UK -and uk visiting- FSmembers around to get the thrill :P [/b][/quote]
I tried to order online from Topshop & their website is pretty useless!

The question is...do I WANT Topshop either from a store OR delivered? Their stuff's silly prices...why am I going to pay £100 for a topshop jacket when for only three times that I could go to Savile Row...

It's a natty idea though.

Originally posted by Lena@May 21st, 2004 - 9:38 am
but there are quite some UK -and uk visiting- FSmembers around to get the thrill :P
Does anyone know which other countries actually have topshop?
Ireland does, so too does Austria, Croatia, emm...

Because it's for men and men don't deserve good clothes or something? Also you can't get a Silk satin ra-ra skirt from Topman so I know I'm not shopping there...

I don't think Topshop is that expensive. I mean, it depends what your going to get but shirts and pants for 20-25 pounds? Not bad to me. I love the idea

topshop is amazing-but please try and stay away from their website if you can, and if possible visit the flagship in Oxford Circus, London, I promise it'll be worth it. It's not like Forever 21, more like Express, but better. The site is crap-i ordered a leather bag and it took ages to get here, and they don't put the entire collection on (it has a change of items every 3-4 weeks) so if you visit the store later you may see something you like even more. But there have been so many times when sometone asks me if what I'm wearing is designer and I'm like, "it's topshop..." so it is worth it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->