Atelier Versace HC S/S 08 Paris

well the review does say it is Donatella's work.

i confess, i know little about the company but why couldn't it be Donatella? her RTW has consistently been improving recently.

There is usually a team of designers that work for the brand. Usually, the head of he label determines what direction will be decided on for the label...say theme, muse, inspiration.

But the actual garments are usually designed and constructed by fashion "underlings"...so to speak.

Obviously, the head of the label can produce designs, too. But the assumption should never be because the designer's name is on the label, that the name on the label actually came up with the design, itself.

One designer that I worked for before would come in mid-point in the season and see what we came up with...he'd then "yay or nay" as the models paraded around in the garments, he'd leave, and then it was back to the drawing board.

He'd return at the final end review to give his yes or no for each garment. But he wasn't the actual designer for the label.

On the other hand, his line is huge and his name is a brand, so he's not able to be there at every stage of the process. He has other things to do that don't facilitate his designing garments for the line, simply put...

It really seems to be ok to, althought I've never been huge fan of Donatella, her two latest collections (RTW and HC) probably going to change my oppionion about Versace, not now, but if she will continue improving herself and putting more freshly ideas in her work.

What I might not like about these dresses, I think they are kinda much "hollywood", becouse when I see them I can't get of out my head the idea of red carpet "stars".

Well I guess then the starts have a pretty good taste.
And of course it's meant for them.. Every designer wants their dress to be worn by a famous person on the red carpet "What dress was worn by who at the oscars/golden globes etc.." it's important for the designers to get as much recognition as possible even though they are already the biggest names in fashion.

this is nice. very sexy, elegant, and wearable by the average celeb at the same time.

these dresses are definatley in the top few best dresses of the season...im was so shocked that it was versace. completley incredible

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->