Atelier Versace

Atelier isnt shown but editors and clients can have access to them,

post the dresses from the april vogue.

wow! i will love to see those pictures... last week i saw l´officiel from last year (march 2005) and it also featured an Atelier Versace dress on the couture editorial, it was black (back shoot) fully embroidered with three black mini pearl strings crossing the backless dress that was edged in a very thin mink fur detail, this is a great indicator!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Atelier is still alive!!!!!!!!!

ok, here they are:
01m.jpg
from "two queens" w feature story,it looks like the one marta berzkalna wore at the summer 06 ready to wear one wich belongs to the Atelier line, gorgeous!
00570m.jpg
style.com

Sasha for "Fa la folie", vogue Paris april 2006, loved the technique, very femenine and it wasn´t featured on the runway, what a pleasant surprise!

it wasn't good business-wise... the house was going downhill at that time, so they decided to stop showing the money-losing couture... the last collection showed was spring 2004

I heard they paid their dues and they might show the line again this summer.. I don't know..

I love Versace, (not Donatella) it kind of sucks how downhill it went.

good news for Atelier Versace, bad news for us fans

Notizia del 4 aprile 2006 - 20:13 Atelier Versace raddoppia ordini
Sfilate solo nella maison a Milano, basta con Parigi(ANSA) - MILANO, 4 APR - Nei primi tre mesi 2006, Atelier Versace ha raddoppiato gli ordini e rinuncia alle sfilate di Parigi. E' una realta' che non ha bisogno di Parigi per mostrare che esiste: sfila nella nostra maison', ha fatto sapere l'ad di Versace, Giancarlo Di Risio. 'Le clienti hanno dimostrato di preferire questo forma molto esclusiva di sfilata a quella dove l'abito e' visto da tutti'.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Atelier Versace doubles it orders: shows only in the Milan headquarters, enaugh with Paris. :smile:()

in the first three months of 2006 Atelier Versace has doubled it orders and quits to show in Paris, it´s a reality that Atelier needs not to show in Paris to prove it still exists: "the shows take place in our house"...Giancarlo di Risio, the company´s chief excecutive said, "costumers demonstrated to prefer this much more exclusive way of presentation rather than the ones when everyone see the dresses".

pity...

such a pity that the House of Versace was facing a financial crisis. If it wasn't for that, the couture line might still be showing <in Paris and publicly>. But then again, Donatella might not have changed her design style.one for the other?

Atelier Versace fall 2006

8_0628feat2.jpg

Versace Atelier:

This full-length gown, from Versace’s Fall 2006 Atelier collection, took over 150 man hours to complete, and is embellished with more than 50,000 Swarovski crystal paettes (tiny round beads). Gianni Versace’s label was established in the late 1970s; this Atelier piece, designed by his sister Donatella Versace, shows a subtler side of the flamboyant brand.

link to a video of the Manhattan Atelier showroom:
http://www.forbes.com/video/?video_url=http://www.forbes.com/video/fvn/lifestyle/ms_versace062706&id=ms_versace062706&title=Video%3A+Inside+Versace%27s+Private+Showroom&boxes=custom

all from www.forbes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Until she mentioned the part about needing an invitation to start, I was tempted to try scheduleing an appointment.

Spike413 said:
Until she mentioned the part about needing an invitation to start, I was tempted to try scheduleing an appointment.

ugh, yeah, it sounds like a very difficult task to achieve, i guess they invite people that have already bought Atelier or is a regular ready to wear client, but i was wondering if one can go to the boutique and ask if its allowed to go up to see the collection, but who am i kidding, did you noticed that under the number 6 on the elevator it reads private?, so i guess the answer will be a very polite "it´s reserved for special clients"..., or something like that, in a way i find amazing that Atelier is alive and doing well (will be a dream job to work at Atelier Versace to me :blush:), but the fact that we aren´t allowed to see the whole collection irritates me a bit, only because i´m filled with curiosity due to the fact that i like it so much, so i wish at least they did a spread showing the entire collection on a magazine, for example the couture issue of italian vogue, or pictures (wouldn´t kill a video) on their site, apparently the reason its so private is because clients preffer it that way, filthy rich!

^ I know, I feel the same way. It wouldn't hurt to at least publish some pictures of the collection for those of us without a spare $200,000

But that dress you posted is beautiful, it's nothing groundbreaking, but any woman wearing it would look stunning.

a new Atelier Versace dress featured on Italian Vogue (sept 2006), scan thanks to taben :flower:

Attachments

• TheCouturettes_VogueItaliaSupplement_Sept06_006-2.JPG
    TheCouturettes_VogueItaliaSupplement_Sept06_006-2.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 47
I like how Versace make some of their models really tan and really blonde! Only she can pull it off, with Donatella being the queen of that particular look.

I love that Atelier Versace dress in #32:heart:
Does anybody know how much does a dress like that cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blipster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->