Atelier Versace

UNiQFashionista

Fashion Icon googoo gagaa
Reaction score
sorry MODS, you can delete this. But I'm curious to know what is the difference between atelier versace and versace, are there any shows for atelier versace? or what?:flower:

Atelier Versace is the haute couture for Versace. They used to have shows, but the last one was in Spring 2004 due financial problems and such. Now, they usually place the dresses towards the end of the RTW shows ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
i think so too, i know that McQueen shows is couture work usuallyat the end of his shows, i know he did this for his beached in the amazon collection.

Probably Donatella Versace return in the couture the next season, any new of this?

The heavily beaded gowns at the ends of the shows are definitely Atelier Versace. I noticed that in the most recent F/W show, it lacked any type of beading really except on Caroline Trentini's dress. Maybe she has some plans on doing couture and was trying to develop a clear distinction again between the two.

Here are some that I am 99% sure are from Atelier Versace. Photos courtesy of Firstview.com :flower:

Attachments

• AtelierVersace1.jpg
    AtelierVersace1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 30
  • AtelierVersace2.jpg
    AtelierVersace2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 36
  • AtelierVersace3.jpg
    AtelierVersace3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 33
And here are photos from the last actual couture show for Spring/Summer 2004. Photos courtesy of Firstview.com ^_^

Attachments

• AtelierVersace4.jpg
    AtelierVersace4.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 32
  • AtelierVersace5.jpg
    AtelierVersace5.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 31
  • AtelierVersace6.jpg
    AtelierVersace6.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 38
maybe we can rename this thread "No Question is a Stupid Question Thread" thread....because I thought that was a good question uniq....and I know there has to be alot of people that just want to ask basic info or something like that! Just those random thoughts you might have and need clarification!

:smile:

haha..thanks guccigal07..im always intimidated to start a thread since alot of ppl on TFS know well Alot! :smile: ..Salvatore, nothing really special then in the last couture show I see..

I don't think Versace couture was ever taken seriously under Donatella. It's more about red carpet dressing. However, I do love it. ^_^

i love Versace! but I miss Gianni, I have a big book of all his drawn designs and some actual pieces I got it for christmas and I love it!

but I really do love the beaded couture Salvatore

Taylour72 said:
i love Versace! but I miss Gianni, I have a big book of all his drawn designs and some actual pieces I got it for christmas and I love it!

but I really do love the beaded couture Salvatore

That is absolutely fantastic! I'd love to see photos if you could scan some. I've loved Versace for years. :woot:

I think she will be doing a show and did anyone notice that when they were talking about some of the red carpet dresses at the oscars, they distinguished between versace and atelier versace. I have heard that will start doing couture fashion shows again.

Salvatore said:
I don't think Versace couture was ever taken seriously under Donatella. It's more about red carpet dressing. However, I do love it. ^_^

yeah, you are probably right but if atelier wasn´t taken seriously it was because they always used to invite a lot of celebrities to the show and in a way it became the star studded event of the season and the clothing took a second row, but they did worked and developed amazing couture techniques there; for example when she did that off the catwalk presentation for fall 2003 on the ritz some of the dresses were woven in the same way ancient Egiptyan people used to do, for fall 02 they travel to Venice looking for antique golden brocades and laces for her rockoco collection, for summer 04 (wich i thought it was good but the silhouettes weren´t the right ones for that season) some of her pieces were half sheer, her silks were always hand painted and she worked with Parisian embroidery house Hourel, i hope Atelier will come back because that show had a certain energy wich i think now couture week is lacking but i hope too that people will try to look at the dresses and references that inspired them instead of only the first row of the runway in wich they are presented.

another way of knowing wich dresses from her rtw line belong to Atelier is going through the collection on their webcite, the rtw pieces have a code and Haute Couture ones say Atelier.

Great tip!
I think FW 2003 was my favorite collection for Atelier Versace. The colors were beautiful. The hair was beautiful. Everything was beautiful. I think that the current kick she's on, Versace couture could be fantastic once more.

anyone know where i can find pics of the latest atelier versace collections?
i'm dying to see more pics of the dress sasha wears in the "fa la folie" story from vogue paris april, and the dress lindsay wears in the "two queens" article in w mag.

atelier versace doesn't show anymore... i guess those gowns were specifically designed for those eds... anyway, are you sure they're atelier versace and not rtw versace?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->