Baby Jane Holzer

I love Jane's style in Ciao! Manhattan. I was really surprised to hear that she hated Edie at the time, she speaks very fondly of her now.

jane has a fascinating face...she looks very classic hollywood...mamie, jane m...and a bit like sharon tate...whats her height? what's edie's?

Yes, I've seen a similarity to Sharon Tate as well. Did you know they actually hung out together? Jane said "Sharon Tate was adorable" and spoke of how they went out wearing matching men's suits. I prefer Edie's facial type because it was just so perfect, but Jane was definitely more striking. Very model-esque.

I don't know Jane's height and I've read Edie's was anywhere from 5'4 to 5'6, usually somewhere in the middle.

any pics of them together? why is edie perfect to u? edie looked way different w/o makeup...got any make-up free photos of her?

Edie had the perfect face because her facial features fit very closely within the Golden Ratio of beauty - highly proportionate and symmetrical. That is why even though her natural beauty had a tendency to appear plain, she photographed well from every angle and in any style. How 'perfect' a face looks generally has most to do with whether we respond to them as attractive (Marilyn Monroe was another example), though there are certainly different degrees to this. I remember Diana Vreeland saying Edie was not a typical model because of this, and that hers was not a face you wanted a lot of makeup on. I agree with that, I think she was most beautiful in the 70's with long hair and lighter makeup:

Here is Edie without makeup:

No pics of Sharon and Baby Jane yet, I wish!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue UK November 1964
Photographer: David Bailey

vogue.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saucednoods
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"