Balenciaga Cruise 2025 Shanghai

Few quick things on my mind during the Livestream:
After the first 3 looks, I'm done, like serious it's just the same parade of his usual nonsense for the last 2 years.
The whole thing could be a Lookbook, and the impact is still the same because this doesn't add anything new or make people excited about Balenciaga again. Literally the same stunts, different cities.
I mean the whole group is struggling right now and Kering is out here throwing money for things like this instead of addressing the problems of each house. Choices.
Also, those poor guests and models, imagine flying to China with jetlag and all and now you have to suffer the rain too. I just leave and said send me the lookbook later.
And those shoes, EW.
One more thing, stop insert your husband into the show Demna. Especially if you put him in that ugly black wedding dress that look like a tent that totally detached from his body when he moves.

Serious I'm tired, can we move on from him already.

The male Maria Grazia.. forever on autopilot, incapable of innovative design, the gowns probably to give their workers something to do and avoid beef with the union, a few new elements timidly borrowed from brands that are trending (Philo, The Row) just to squeeze Balenciaga into the conversation. His job since like 2022 is not even art direction but basically going around the world saying sorry, sucking up to investors and critics and trying to lure clients back. I guess he’s Kering’s most well-known Account Manager lol.

A guy in an ugly hoodie and some of the dumbest boots ever made walks by with an UnderArmour (!!!) belt halfway down his legs. This is Balenciaga 2024!

Demna's angry-ugly nihilistic garbage was a disgrace from the very beginning, particularly in the context of Balenciaga and in the wake of Ghesquiere. That this industry continues to indulge the same exhausting mess season after season is depressing and depraved in equal measure.

Yesterday I noticed a $4500USD Balenciaga cotton hoodie on some vendor website, and I couldn't be bothered to post it in the "most overpriced designer" thread because it isn't even conspicuously outrageous any more. Maybe that's the worst part, how routine and banal it has become.

Go hire Matthew Williamson. Poach Sean McGirr from McQueen. Get Clare Waight Keller, whose Old Navy-esque concept of branding gave rise to the most pathetic iteration of Givenchy menswear ever (yes, worse than Matthew). I would take any of them over another season of Demna. Someone just make him go away.

Decade old plastic, no wonder it looks bad. I was wondering maybe it wasn't real ostrich feathers because it look so fake in motion. Real feathers look more sturdy and move more elegantly, that dress looks like it will fall apart at the of the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lofo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->