Balenciaga Denies Kanye West

He wouldn't steal attention, if he didn't purposely try to...he isn't exactly an A-list star when it comes to fame. No one cares about anything he is doing outside of music and he isn't exactly Mr. Coverboy. Lindsay Lohan would probably get into Balenciaga before him because she can still sell a cover. He really has no relevance in fashion, unless you like tacky...:blink:

What does covers have to do with this. Lindsay sells covers:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked some of his songs, but in the recent Grammy's awards, he said something like "you guys shouldn' have released your albums if you knew mine was going out this yr"...when he got an award...EVERYBODY was pissed. Then later on when a country singer said something back everybody was appaulding. Now it just tells us that as a public figure, he also needs to be a humble humanbeing to be liked.

i don't see what this has to do with the whole issue. then most of the celebs shouldn't appear on shows.. they do/say worse s/.. stuff that make me go :sick:.. but somehow i still see them in front rows of those "elegant" fashion shows.. i would love to know what they based their decision on.. and his "arrogant" statement is much longer than those few words.. that obviously everyone chose to ignore..

^ for one, celebrities are the designers clientele.
theyre the cash cow so they get priorities.
same goes with socialites/aristrocats/royalties ...

He wouldn't steal attention, if he didn't purposely try to...he isn't exactly an A-list star when it comes to fame. No one cares about anything he is doing outside of music and he isn't exactly Mr. Coverboy. Lindsay Lohan would probably get into Balenciaga before him because she can still sell a cover. He really has no relevance in fashion, unless you like tacky...:blink:

First off, if Kanye isn't A-List in some aspect, then I don't know who is. Second, the whole point for Balenciaga denying him was because they don't really like to go with the whole celebrity and media blitz route, so Lindsay Lohan most likely wouldn't be going either.

Honestly, IMO, their show, their crowd. Just because you're a star doesn't mean they owe you anything... :rolleyes: Good for Balenciaga if they didn't want KW and didn't let him in. Their brand, their choice. ^_^

^ for one, celebrities are the designers clientele.
theyre the cash cow so they get priorities.
same goes with socialites/aristrocats/royalties ...

Celebrities aren't really "clientele" because none of them are actually buying anything. Unless it's Vuitton, they're getting most of their clothes for free. The real cash cows are the customers nobody's ever heard of.

Celebrities aren't really "clientele" because none of them are actually buying anything. Unless it's Vuitton, they're getting most of their clothes for free. The real cash cows are the customers nobody's ever heard of.
Not all celebrities get their clothes for free though. I can think of quite a few who pay a lot for clothes.

LOL so funny, i've read somewhere that gucci under tom ford also denies victoria beckham? that tom ford was mad at his employees when he saw victoria wearing his design and asking who gave the dress to her... the employees said that no one given the dress, that victoria bought it herself

they probably dont want tacky kanye wearing their clothes...and like nextnewface said: their show, their crowd

I remember hearing about the Tom Ford comment.He said also something along the lines of "well somebody stop her from buying them!".Designers should be happy that they are getting profit ,not being upset that their least favorite person is buying their clothes.I have changed my view on Tom, he annoys me.

Um... Kanye is about as A-list as it gets. He's one of the biggest names in one of the biggest industries in the world. Tune into the radio and chances are you'll hear one of his songs. Go to iTunes and you can find him within 3 clicks. &c &c.

Lindsay Lohan? She's a talentless hack that "sells magazines" because she's a mildly attractive lady that has no shame and gets into trouble every three hours. To argue that Lindsay Lohan is more A-list than Kanye West is really pretty silly. Who's the one that's broke?

Kanye's ego may sometimes be out of control, but I wonder if people actually looked at this situation before they decided to spout off at the keyboard. He requested an invitation to Balenciaga, was rejected, and made one blog post about it, where he was completely calm and reasonable about the situation. How's that throwing a hissy fit again? Oops, I just made a typo, I guess this is me throwing a hissy fit. :rolleyes:

The man likes his fashion, he spends his money on fashion, and the show even featured his music, but they won't let him in. I certainly hope they have a good reason, because they've had plenty of other 'celebrities' at the show.

Most celebrities are "tacky." They're paid to be tacky. And Kanye's ego isn't half as big as many of these designers who apparently have very limited understanding of external market forces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lindsay would never, ever get into Balenciaga. They would kick her out on her bottom before you can say rehab.

BTW I :heart: Kanye's ego

Kanye West’s most obnoxious fan, Kanye West, is having another temper tantrum, and this one’s international.

As you may already know, when not making music, boasting about the music he’s made or bitching that his music doesn’t get enough recognition, Kanye can often be found obsessing over fashion. Unfortunately, the feeling is not mutual, and the Vuittompous rapper is being proscribed from attending some of Paris Fashion Week’s grandest shows. In what must have been the most hurtful declination, the Balienciaga house wouldn’t have Yeezy even after he took to his blog to award its Closed Front Cage Sandals “Illest Shoe.”

So, why is Mr West being blackballed? Capacity issues? Racism? Honest mistakes? According to him, it’s none of that. He says the issue at hand is the designers and their jealous demand for the spotlight:

“I understand it,” the hip-hop star said. “I get a lot of attention and, you know, sometimes the designers don’t want anything taking the focus off the show."

this guy's a bit ridic, if you ask me...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Right, and who influences those people to buy the luxury goods? Celebrities, d'oh. The entire purpose of In Style magazine as far as I can tell is to let their customers know which celebrity wore what earring at this even, which bag, and what kitschy crap did they put in their luxurious home. Most designers need celebrities, period.

I actually thought that Kanye took the refusal pretty well -- he said he understood why it was done and he only wanted to get in because Balenciaga is one of the "illest" houses right now. Which is true. I think some posters here made (understandably) erroneous conclusions about his reaction without actually, you know, reading his statement :innocent:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->