Balenciaga Denies Kanye West

i know he's not like balenciaga posterboy or anything, but that's not very wise on Balenciaga part, it just creates some negative publicity and makes Kanye out like some kind of discriminated victim.

Yeah probably he wasn't pissed, but he still whined about it. If he's a good sport, he shouldn't have said anything. He should just enjoy the rest of the fashion week.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know he's not like balenciaga posterboy or anything, but that's not very wise on Balenciaga part, it just creates some negative publicity and makes Kanye out like some kind of discriminated victim.

Discriminated how? Because he's an attention wh*re and full of himself?

Lolli: I dont think Ida meant that Balenciaga discriminated against Kanye. What I gather is from Ida's comment is that it may SEEM to make Kanye like some discriminated victim to some.

I read that Anna Wintour's impersonator got a front row seat...is that true?

^Well we all love fashion here at tfs. Maye we should all barge in on the shows.

True. But he has more power and influence than us (most of us? you never know) and I'm sure we may do the same in his position (I don't know about barging in, but maybe trying to get a ticket/invite). Thats just my opinion though, I'd probably be bitter if I heard this news bit about any other rapper/celebutante/pop singer :flower:.

^There are tonsssss of people who have power and influence. What grates me is that he think he's entitled to attend.

i know he's not like balenciaga posterboy or anything, but that's not very wise on Balenciaga part, it just creates some negative publicity

Actually I think will make them appear more exclusive and therefore more attractive.

In the wrong way I might say...:lol:

Do you really believe this? That's a tad narrow minded. I think fashion has borrowed a very urban aesthetic from the world of Hip Hop and I see it on celebs like the Olsens, Gwen Stefani, Madonna etc-usually to great effect.

Anyway, he isn't wanted by Balenciaga, so he'll have to spend his milions somewhere else.

...and Balenciaga (tiny, unknown, newly formed fashion house as it is) really needs his milions!
I agree with sethii! It makes Balenciaga more exclusive, that proves that just because you're celeb, doesn't mean you can do whatever you like, IMO it makes it more appealing for real jet-set clients.

...and Balenciaga (tiny, unknown, newly formed fashion house as it is) really needs his milions!
I agree with sethii! It makes Balenciaga more exclusive, that proves that just because you're celeb, doesn't mean you can do whatever you like, IMO it makes it more appealing for real jet-set clients.

Or on the other hand, if regular Balenciaga buyers see KW in the front row they will be too pissed to buy anything :lol:

Well Balenciaga has a history of being picky. Back in the "Balenciaga" Balenciaga days, Mr.Balenciaga refused to have Twiggy in his clothes for fashion shoots because he didn't think that Twiggy is the right model.
Balenciaga is exclusive. It's not Gucci or YSL. Being exclusive is exactly what they are trying to do. So they won't associate with KW.

^ and judging by his reaction, he knows very well how exclusive it is! That's why he probably wanted to be there so badly IMO.

woaw woaw.. what's all this "i hate kanye west" thing?
leave the boy alone. hell yea, he's right.. he does steal attention. and why wouldn't he be interested in fashion.. they guy clearly enjoys it.. what's the big deal? i'm so sick of this crap that fashion promotes.. fashion industry is the MOST exagerated crap on earth. i like fashion but i never believed that the arrogance it holds was ever justified. just cause kanye doesn't wear much of that "real fashion" that most of you try to bring to superiority.. doesn't mean he got no style or taste. he's f/ amazing.

^at the very least he doesn't carry any Balenciaga style or philosophy.

woaw woaw.. what's all this "i hate kanye west" thing?
leave the boy alone. hell yea, he's right.. he does steal attention. and why wouldn't he be interested in fashion.. they guy clearly enjoys it.. what's the big deal? i'm so sick of this crap that fashion promotes.. fashion industry is the MOST exagerated crap on earth. i like fashion but i never believed that the arrogance it holds was ever justified. just cause kanye doesn't wear much of that "real fashion" that most of you try to bring to superiority.. doesn't mean he got no style or taste. he's f/ amazing.

He wouldn't steal attention, if he didn't purposely try to...he isn't exactly an A-list star when it comes to fame. No one cares about anything he is doing outside of music and he isn't exactly Mr. Coverboy. Lindsay Lohan would probably get into Balenciaga before him because she can still sell a cover. He really has no relevance in fashion, unless you like tacky...:blink:

I think it's one thing to dislike someones style... but some of the comments have indeed-come across a bit on the harsh and snobby side. Hell,one mans tacky is another mans sense of style and individuality:wink:

I really liked some of his songs, but in the recent Grammy's awards, he said something like "you guys shouldn' have released your albums if you knew mine was going out this yr"...when he got an award...EVERYBODY was pissed. Then later on when a country singer said something back everybody was appaulding. Now it just tells us that as a public figure, he also needs to be a humble humanbeing to be liked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->