Balenciaga F/W 13.14 : Kristen McMenamy by Steven Klein & Sylvester Ulv by Josh Olins

I'm not going to get stuck on the logo but this sounds really promising. Kristen is always interesting, to say the least!

Same, but I guess the placement of the logo is deliberately asking for it.

Steven always does something intriguing, definitely not the typical commercial setting that most people are so compliant with.

It's true that Kristen can do no wrong.But the model choice is too safe to make people excited.

I like a good tease, hopefully she's opening the door to something incredibly creative for the campaign!

At first (I mean a few minutes ago) I thought this was a good campaign. But now it's like, he played it safe for the show (doing all black, which seems to reminds me of something that a certain predecessor did for his first show that, in my opinion is strikingly similar to Wang's first.) and now he's playing it safe for the campaign. And I agree, there's no point in booking Kristen if you're not even going to show her face. I'm kinda losing interest in her now (you can thank her monstrosity of a daughter for that one.) One of the only good things about this is that now the campaigns are going to start flooding in and I'm damn excited for them.

Reminds me of a Chanel campaign. I like it. The new logo is going to take some getting used to, every time I see it I think fake. Hopefully there are shots of Kristen's face, though the campaign looks good now, she would make it a lot more interesting.

To those saying he shouldn't have used Kristen if he wasn't going to show her face, I completely disagree. If she projects the mood and vibe he wants the entire campaign to encompass than he, as an artist, should definitely use her to inspire him in whatever way he sees fit.

That said, it could very well be just the first teaser and the next image will reveal her beautiful face. I find it to be a striking image. Either way, I'm excited and interested to see how it all unveils.

This is obviously just a teaser image, but it's enough to get me excited. Great choise on Kristen, she fits the collection, the house and Klein's style really well. Can't wait to see more from this.

I don't really care who stars in their campaign. The "teaser" itself seems uninteresting and somewhat inspired by Chanel (at least I'm used to Chanel's typical campaigns). I may have to see the other pictures and hope we get to see better shots.

F/W 2013 ads already? And in the June magazines no less? I was anticipating this campaign but I was willing to wait until July or something.

Don't get me wrong, but, in general, it feels like Balenciaga is trying to get rid of Nicolas Ghesquière's influence as soon as possible.

Based on the description from WWD I understand what they're going for, but I feel like I can't see the clothing at all. I can't see much of anything. Either I'm going blind or this is some kind of high fashion Rorschach test.

Perhaps the full campaign will be better lit, but when there is mention of something being cinematic I expect to see some cinematography.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the concept of a new door opening and you are just focusing on the shape. It's very romantic

Oh, I like what I am seeing so far, but her hand does look really creepy...

Yes I noticed that too. There's something quite sinister to this photo that I find very intriguing.
Posted via Mobile Device

What a beautiful shot of the campaign, really i love it & Kristen fits so well. The only thing than i don't like is the new logo, because it looks out of the place of the campaign.

Forward to see the whole campaign.

Yeah, the font is something to get used to.
I think Steven created quite a campaign for Wang SS, it seems this will be just as solid. Maybe too similar/safe though... established model, using strong gestures, in black and white... Ultimately, the goal is to embed so, it'll work.

i love the concept of a new door opening and you are just focusing on the shape. It's very romantic

Ditto.
I love the dark, dramatic mood it evokes and I think it does a terrific job at highlighting the clothes, especially the shape of it.
The only flaw I see in this is the new text. I'll just have to get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually see no problem with the logo, I'm surprised that others are surprised by the typeface considering Wang's own logo. I also love the shot, the collection was one of my favourites. Very promising

will they hide her face in all the shots?

i first only saw 'Kristen' and was panicking already, thinking it'd be followed by 'Stewart' :lol:

looks like a video still to me, I wonder if Klein has done it like his "Time Capsule" with Amber Valetta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxycakes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->