Balenciaga F/W 2023.24 Paris

Capture.JPG

Actually lol'd watching some of this. This was the show to prove the naysayers wrong, that the quality of your work and your vision of "modern elegance" stands on its own apart from any controversy and theatrics?

Was there no designer bow at the end? Or did the video just cut off right before it happened…

Eitherway, not might to write home about. Same old shtick. They talk about a second chance but if the sales dip, his days as a creative director will be numbered.

Those menswear looks are very reminiscent of gimp suits (or alternatively I have a very dirty mind).
You are a fan of YSL, after all.:innocent:
Was there no designer bow at the end? Or did the video just cut off right before it happened…
No, Demna just doesn't do bows. Or finales, for that matter. Trying to be Margiela so hard.

extremely commercial and safe offering from Demna as it was probably expected after all that silly backlash.

it was elegant enough albeit repetitive and the final dresses were beautiful.

the cast was his usual preference but PLEASE could he have cast models who could actually walk? what a huge difference it would’ve made but it’s perhaps how he likes to present it.

also, am I the only one who got swan song vibes from this show? I have no idea when his contract ends but…

Am i the only one to like the collection ? very bourgeois, very seventies and the accessories are so strong !

I'm indifferent to this tbh, some nice looks but I think he's just out of that spark - forget reaching Nicolas level, he'll probably have a hard time even reaching the level of his own early days at Balenciaga now.

The floral dresses feel like a callback to Vetements tea dresses from 2015-16, is this a hint at a swan song?

and I hate those oversized hand-drowning blazers.

A basic red carpet/Instagram collection desperately posing as something much more. I hate it when high fashion designers think that ugly/unflattering = interesting/original. His imagination is so poor, he constantly reverts back to his silly and uninspired proportions.

All that talk and for what a parade of the same old s*** that he has been presented for the last 4 years.

It is the same collection as before but this time he decided to be logo-free because I guess he is smart enough to know that nobody looks at the Balenciaga logo and thinks it's desirable anymore.
Those oversized shoulders are horrible. They make the models look like they have a hunchback.
And I hate those sunglasses. So gimmicky

Overall, after this collection, I definitely won't miss him. And I'm ready for the next era of Balenciaga.

I like Demna but I did wish/had hope that he would use this collection as a palette cleanser to present something strong and elegant. I thought he stated in that interview that there would be no more irony in the collection. The set is great and the stronger looks such as looks 9, 13, 15, 17, 21, 23, 25, and the closing evening wear stand out within it, but even those looks could have been from the past collections. I dislike the menswear portion but I would like a pair of those motorcycle boots, I won't lie. They also should've not shown any bags (especially considering the bags shown weren't a new design).

There doesn't seem to any design, which makes it all look and feel like a greatest hits collection. So it could be his last. Overall, I'm disappointed, he missed a chance to create a breath of fresh air. I don't know if I want him to leave, per se, but if this is really all he has left to say then it might be better for both him and the brand to conclude this chapter. 8 influential years is a good run.

^^^ The depression and anxiety is really coming through. I feel for Demna.

Disappointing that the graphic sharpness, and even the graphic decadence of his debut seems to be forgotten by this flaccid, deflated parade of same old same old signatures— just desperately trying to be well-behaved. But instead, it’s rather just so solemn, so tiresome, so sad. And the inclusion of teh guys just add that extra nothing to the mix— looking like a discount Stephen Sprouse. The promise of only fashion was another trolling attempt, I see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theseaswell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->