Balenciaga Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

Sorry guys, but Demna is the only modern designer these days. Why do you all have an urge to love everything that hasn’t moved on from the 1960s fashion?!?!
Omg, what, finally something reasonable on this site. Hating just for the sake of hating is just so extremely sad. Demna is getting it in, so to speak, and at the same time the rest of you are longing for time from +-70 years ago.
I really do wish he had just done this under his own label instead of Balenciaga. Still would've been successful.
And what is his own label? Vetements? Oh, you didn't know? Then why are you commenting? You all are just venting your blind hatred.

Like Ghesquière, Demna also probably leaves when he feels like it. Of course, keep counting the minutes.

Mediocrity is putting it mildly...

I do agree with wanting to see something lighter, airier, more optimistic from him. I'm a cynic, but seeing the visual representation of cynicism all the time here feels oppressive and off-putting

Not that he's not right about it but the fact that he lives so much in his own past and has never moved on from talking about the same socialites and anekdotes from bygone times is enough reason for me to think he's himself stuck at the other end of the spectrum. The woman he dressed is an extinct species and he never addressed the changing needs of our times. His design (while technically accomplished) reflects that outdatedness.

Demna is just ripping orf Margiela, Miguel Adroverm, Raf Simons, etc.

My issue isn't the vulgarity, it's the lack of originality, complacency, and integrity of craftsmanship.

Sorry guys, but Demna is the only modern designer these days. Why do you all have an urge to love everything that hasn’t moved on from the 1960s fashion?!?!
Just spouting words, doesn't make it true.

What exactly is modern about his work? Everything he does, has been done better by someone else.

If he put some tech stuff into his work, I can understand, but it's a repetitive mess he continues to make.

The only thing noteworthy about his shows are the set designs and theme, and that's what journalists who cover his shows, talk about.

That was one of the looks I was thinking about with the new generation of couture customers. To anyone else, this is just a t-shirt. Yeah it's hand painted but... who cares? You're still wearing an oversized band tee bottom line. What is the space you're spending 5 figures to wear this in?

+ what’s with the re-emergence of fetishizing how many hours of labor went into creating something - especially something so banal. It makes sense when it’s a really beautiful, singular gown and it feels like a way to acknowledge the craftsmanship (and if it’s also a flex, so be it) but in this case of a goddamn T-shirt, it’s just absurd. That’s probably the point, and my feeble mind could just never comprehend the genius irony of it all, but… to me it’s dystopian and embarrassing

Exactly. And this vid blueorchid posted of Karl speaks to exactly that. Which for some reason NOBODY seems to acknowledge anymore. Because gimmicks are easier and faster to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markrokusek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->