Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2008

xPedro

Reaction score
home_lookback.jpg

PARIS — Nicolas Ghesquière always starts with a nod to Balenciaga's roots, but then takes them in a diverse direction. For pre-fall, he continues spring's play on structure, yet now gives it an ultrasporty edge. To wit: this tailored look with added volume in the back.
wwd

Those few looks leave my slightly...empty.

The only thing that's at all interesting looking is the watered down black version of the spring runway top/skinny pant looks that closed the show.

I expected more...
the only thing I like is the black-white dress

I love that black and white dress on post #3.. other than that it's nothing special..

It's ok. Looks kind of like Chanel to me.

he continues spring's play on structure
my couture eyes are not amazing... but....
currently, the only ss08 silhouette i'm seeing is the look #3 in post #3...
i like the first look in same post... and the first look's coat (in #1)
the look #2 is very elegant, but i'm not seeing the balenciaga roots... maybe an image archive could help me... i think this is the styling that gives it all to this look.... for instance the white top work on shoulders and back look like a stylist's tip...

the last look's jacket is yes indeed very Chanel...
but it's very dated, too... nothing striking...

is there more????
(still nothing on style.com)

I really want to see more, but i agree, definitely nothing wow yet.

This is a perfect example of why pre-Fall collections should be skipped..:innocent:

my couture eyes are not amazing... but....
currently, the only ss08 silhouette i'm seeing is the look #3 in post #3...
i like the first look in same post... and the first look's coat (in #1)
the look #2 is very elegant, but i'm not seeing the balenciaga roots... maybe an image archive could help me... i think this is the styling that gives it all to this look.... for instance the white top work on shoulders and back look like a stylist's tip...

the last look's jacket is yes indeed very Chanel...
but it's very dated, too... nothing striking...

is there more????
(still nothing on style.com)
look 1 & 2 seem very similar to ss 08 in my opinion....
the shapes seem almost identical

The coat of look one is basically the same shape as SS08, as well as the shoulders of look 2 and the sleeve construction of look 4. To me Ghesquiere usually uses the pre-fall and resort collections as a runoff of the previous seasons ideas he had tucked away that weren't concise. From what I am seeing I'm guessing this is a slight indication of the FW collection. I'm expecting lots of tweeds, a bit of the "london" influence a lot of designers are using for pre-fall, the same old Balenciaga geometry and hearty detailing (big buttons, wide flat-felt seams, cocksure color blocking) but with a bit of a twist. HOPEFULLY he will surprise all of us by pulling something out that has no relavance what so ever. Either he'll start anew, or as the-smits says continue the downward spiral into triteness.

Also I would like to note this will correspond with his men's collection as pre-fall and resort always do.

I just don't know what to say, I really do like what I am seeing, especially the first look.

comparing to spring 08 everything is WOW :lol: I really want to see more, looks at least interesting! ^_^

So far, I'm in love. It's not all very new, but after his last collection, he needed to design something easier for clients to combine with other clothes. I particularly like the boots in the first two looks, the coat in the first look, and the chanel jacket.

everything is gorgeous!!! especially the coat in the first look!!! so so so gorgeous!!!

I really like this :woot: Sure its nothing amazingly innovative compared to other Balenciaga seasons but I still love it!!!!:heart:

I love the 3rd look! But I'm not to sure about the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->