Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2008

i'm liking all the looks except for the 4th look. the proportion of the top is so awkward. also, my mind keeps wanting the top to be tucked in for that high waisted pant look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the third and forth look,and like it overall,but nothing exceptional...

Those few looks leave my slightly...empty.

The only thing that's at all interesting looking is the watered down black version of the spring runway top/skinny pant looks that closed the show.

yep, the same feeling

He stole the cut of the sleeves and the dressed from walter Van Beirendonck's "Relics from the future" collection. Walter made it beatifull, Balenciaga made it forced fashion.

I quite like this. There is a subtlety to the design that we have not seen since F/W 06. I love the first look, as well as the other really textural ones. Whats great about this, and hopefully this will really be fleshed out even more for F/W, is that there is a quite clear customer for this. I see her, I can imagine her walk, her life. That is absolutely not true for the ridiculous load he put down the runway for S/S.

edit... just had to add that its a little much already with those wedge boots. how many times is he going to recycle them?

What do the women think of the back so loose like that ? #1
It seems to be everywhere this spring

Well, I'm a woman and I don't like that style at all. :lol: It makes me look about twice my actual size, which is never really a good thing.

i read the article on WWD.

this is so chanel its not even funny. the 90's are back for sure.

I'll never get over Balenciaga denim, and on that front, they are way ahead of Chanel. I also love the final two dresses.

Maybe Pre-Fall is just too new to have any real identity as to what it should be just yet. What's to be expected, as far as I'm concerned, is a watered-down and more wearable (for lack of a better term) conversion from one season to the next. Seeing as how we still haven't seen the Fall collections, I guess we'll have to wait to see how it pans out.

Nicolas Ghesquière is bordering on middlebrow now. After the amazing collection he presented in FW 07/08, my expectations have been impossibly high. Nothing since then has really impressed me, and indeed, this pre-fall collection smacks of 90s era Chanel.The good news is some of it is wearable, although for Balenciaga, that might be a harbinger of many future letdowns.

I really like this. At first I wasn't sure but I now I like it. I'm really excited for the fall collections now.

I like it terms (and only in terms) of "wearableness"; but generally this collection was a total bore. I miss his super-structured-power-glam jackets/skinny trousers and coats, those were pure brilliance.

Maybe Pre-Fall is just too new to have any real identity as to what it should be just yet. What's to be expected, as far as I'm concerned, is a watered-down and more wearable (for lack of a better term) conversion from one season to the next. Seeing as how we still haven't seen the Fall collections, I guess we'll have to wait to see how it pans out.
..... yeah, calling it "pre fall" is new, but the big labels always do 4 collections a year. spring , summer, fall, winter. i dont know why they decided to come up with these ******** "pre" thing.....the runway presentations are summer or winter. the middle collections like this are spring or fall. this is fall. i think its been renamed with this "pre" crap to make it more digestable for the mainstream who just can't fathom there being 4 seasons in a year. :lol:

Nicolas Ghesquière is bordering on middlebrow now.

agree with you and alejandro completely.

I'd even call this collection banal. But I suppose you need clothes like this when you do collections like S/S 08? sales sales sales!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->