Balenciaga S/S 2009 by David Sims

I still don't like this campaign :( I prefer when Balenciaga campaigns weren't so (how can I say...) robotic.

interesting ad! it's a step better than the previous one. this collection needed this kind of ad, it's not that realistic but these clothes require a fantasy like this.

It seems they tried to recreate that campaign with Coco.

IMO, they failed.

I need to see a bigger version of Kinga before I put final judgement on that one...it looks very awkward....but I can just tell that Iris' shot is amazing...even in that small preview I can feel her cheekbones slicing open my laptopscreen :heart:

this is getting better..........Kinga's pose is perfect....love that shot

:woot: Kinga's ad looks amazing! Just as I had hoped.

Not sure how I feel about Iris's yet....

I like Kinga's pose...but I just don't think the outfit was displayed to it's true potential.

Not sold on Iris' shot yet either...so far this has turned out to be an so-so campaign...which totally sucks because this campaign had the potential to be epic.

Ok, so I'm totally gonna be the buzzkiller here but so far this campaign demonstrates the biggest problem with the collection; take away the moving colored lights and these clothes aren't anywhere near as breathtaking as they were on the runway. They're still interesting, but it's a mere fraction of the impact they had on the runway.

If I were in the market to buy a shiny 30k dress these ads would not persuade me to do so.

I guess the major disappointment really lies in that there was so much that could have been done with this campaign, even without colored lighting. This barely scratches the surface of how incredible it could have been, same as last season.

In Kinga's shot, it looks like she's trying to push the bag downwards, it's kind of neat.

I love all the pics. No one can do it like Sims does. :heart:

i like this campaign. iris looks amazing, as i expected. kinga's shot is very nice too. elsa and hanne gaby look nice from the neck down, but i don't think i'll ever like their faces...

What's good about this campaign is the way the girls are shown. Unlike the Prada ads, every girl's uniqueness is emphasized. The casting for this campaign is stellar when you take this into consideration. Hanne Gaby or Iris are such alien freaks, it's delightful.

The problem is the clothing. These pics have been taken to persuade people to pay big, big money for shiny robot clothes. With the lights taken away from them, they remain gray rubber suits...If this was a science fiction film, I would go nuts about it. As a fashion ad, it does nothing for me.

I totally agree that without the lights, the clothes don't even look half as spectacular as they are on the runway. When the photos of the runway show came out, everyone was amazed, not just by the clothes, but also how the lights add a drama to the clothes. Although I really like the atmosphere of the campaign, it shouldn't be done without lights, the essential element.

Again: I LOVE this! ^_^ Kinga's shot is amazing! The pose....woah :heart:
Though I agree that I want all of them in HQ. For better judgement.
But so far I have to say Hanne's shot is the best.

Kinga and Iris's shots are fierce but I agree about the colors of the dresses looking so much more vibrant on the runway thats my only complaint.

LOVE IT! Tho I wish there was another model on the stairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->