Balenciaga S/S 2015 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Balenciaga-Paris-RTW-SS15-1866-1411590597-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

Terribly boring, terribly unflattering, terrible everything.

He's getting progressively worse with each collection, and if he doesn't start trying something new! then I don't see him lasting much longer at the house.

There are some pretty looks but on the whole, just underwhelming...:doh:

Not a collection to remember ... I know it must be difficult to design for Balenciaga after Nicolas but come on there is no signature, no Balenciaga DNA. I don't think he'll stay long either.

Same s**t, different season. Nothing new or exciting. Would it have killed him to use a little color? Both in the clothes and casting.

He is such a fantastic fit at Balencaiga, i never expected to love this match up. Creative, forward, and stunning collection. So much to love here.

could this get any worse? I can't stand his main line and the fact he's designing at one of the most prestigious fashion houses in the world makes fashion week worse every season. I hates resort and this looks like it with a few more ideas just thrown in (nobody wants sparkly pockets on the widest part of their hip. nobody)

It was a nice collection honestly, just like every collection he's done (nothing beats his first though). I just expect more for Balenciaga.

nowfashion.com

Ugh again, no Cristóbal Balenciaga, just Wang 2.0... I can't.

Felt like the matrix reloaded.
Some nice pieces, nothing exceptional.

He was more creative in the last collection for his own label...but for Balenciaga he seems to just show the leftovers of it.

Felt like the matrix reloaded.
Some nice pieces, nothing exceptional.

Came here to say exactly this. The Matrix inspiration was very apparent, but aside from the accessories, I didn't see anything worth a second glance. I do think he's a talented designer, but I can predict almost everything he's going to do next.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help but feel underwhelmed by this. Every look revolves around this micro-inspiration which doesn't allow the collection to progress and therefore feels the same from beginning to end. There are some covetable pieces like the coats and some dresses but that's about it.

I said this season after season for Wang... USE SOME COLOR!!! Black and white is so overdone and one dimensional. Color might've made the collection just a tad more exciting.
Plus this collection is crap. There's nothing that looks very uniquely Balenciaga

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->