Céline S/S 2015 Paris

There're 60s-70s Mod influences here, but while some Mod/Trench pieces are alright, many asymmetry looks are questionable (especially those with random bands and patches) and downright bizarre.

I especially dislike the new "armpit belts" seen on many runways this season...:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Strong collection, the coats are impeccable :wub:

I don't know how I feel about this collection. Some parts I like and some are just terrible. The prints are not my favorite but I can see the cutouts exposing the high waisted trousers all over blogs and street style characters already. Positively confused.

The cut outs certainly feels gimmicky. And so many themes all over the place.

^ I know what you mean, a lot of the elements felt like haphazard gimmicks slapped on as an afterthought. Including the oversized pockets, which in past collections from her I've liked, but not here.

And yes, those shoes are fug.

There are a few ugly pieces here and there but I actually liked this collection! I appreciate Phoebe Philo taking a lot of risks...however it did feel a little messy in direction.
Again I appreciate her push for trying other things while incorporating her minimalist aesthetic. Maybe she didn't want people to find her simplistic taste too boring? or too repetitive?

usually celine is a "love at first sight" kind of feeling for me, but lately it hasn't been like that. I think she does fall collections much better and I'm also confused by a lot of these shapes. She's always pushed for such a clean, stark sportswear/modern/minimalist approach which at first I liked but now that everyone else and their mother have started to do then same thing I've grown really tired of it. So then where does she go from there, this weird deconstructed falling apart "look at all my layers" kind of thing? Not a fan.

And I agree with what other people have said, obviously she isn't the fashion darling ever since Nicolas has come back on the scene (I've seen so many collections influenced by just his fall collection and resort collection alone) it's obvious they were all thirsty for someone else to copy and Philo just hasn't been giving them material like she used to (since I can still see influences from her early collections for the house, not so much her later ones).

I'm just not sure what direction she's gonna start taking if the fashion pendulum has started swinging away from minimalist androgynous sportswear and back to girly froufrou and femininity.

What a gorgeous collection, it encompasses so much, and is a true testament to just how talented she is.

This doesn't come even close to the luxurious and innovative note that her last three or four collections had. It feels fit for a low-key house which is more interested in experimenting with high and low quality fabrics. The cut-outs indeed do feel gimmicky, the shoes are atrocious and the prints (check out the Outfit lookalikes thread) taken from Chanel and Commes des Garcon killed every little thing I liked about it.

God I love her.. :wub:

I love the rhythms in which she works, and how she's one out of like two or three designers that work around trends in a way that's about curiosity and exploration but still respectful of customers without being anchored to their approval.

The side buttons with the tunics over the gorgeous-looking trousers are my favorite part. Followed by the snakes and knits and the prints. I also love the strings and that black coat with cutouts. The shoes are bad but I take it as a point on height and balancing nicely with ornaments above (they're a nice alternative from gladiators too).

I like it. Some of her pieces might be easier to wear than others but I think it's a thumbs up!

This just breaks my heart. I used to hold Phoebe up as a GOD, a brilliant visionary, and though I don't question her innate brillance her recent bout of bad collections have been brought her crashing to Earth. There were some looks I did enjoy, but so much of it was just awful. She stood as a master of design and craft and this collection is sloppy, at best.

I'm loving the direction she's taking lately. She's embracing a type of eccentricity and openness to new lines. She was talking about letting go of certainty and editing, and embracing a more free approach to creation. In the last years she commanded fashion to this idea of precision and simplicity, it was about time she let all that go and explore something new. I'm as excited as ever for what she does here.

I really liked what I saw from Instagram but only just had time to see the full collection. I pretty much like everything just not the shoes.

I'm loving the direction she's taking lately. She's embracing a type of eccentricity and openness to new lines. She was talking about letting go of certainty and editing, and embracing a more free approach to creation. In the last years she commanded fashion to this idea of precision and simplicity, it was about time she let all that go and explore something new. I'm as excited as ever for what she does here.

Yes, I was just going to write this. The collection accurately reflects what she says as a "letting to of the feeling of certainty". She mentions how we as a culture is so obsessed with the sure thing that we leave out the vulnerability and faith in the future. She also talks about the need to not be so rigid and edit tightly, which, as you can see is reflected in the collection.

There is a slightly refreshing aspect to see a designer be so sure of herself, that she can let go and let the chips fall where they may. Even if what comes from that is not my cup of tea.

Phoebe Philo said she was "moved" by the Kate Bush song that played, I in turn was moved by her interview with Tim Blanks.
"It's about letting go"
I'm glad that Philo is able to let go now she is at the helm of one of the world's most influential fashion houses. Fashion design is all about control, stress and sleepless nights, "letting go" is the last thing people in fashion do.
The slashed pieces and the pieces with the loose panels really convey this idea, and I think it's extremely interesting.
If only she could influence the rest of the fashion world to be less uptight and anal.

She truly is my favourite designer.

Every outfit feels so thought out and sublime. The models really look astonishing and there's plenty of options for women. This collection is just set to make bank again! The clothes are beautifully made, loose and still maintaining a silhouette that's true to the designers aesthetic.

The bag design is innovative and quite compelling, maybe not that practical but still visually pleasing...

And Phoebe Philo "hommages" carry on .....
:rolleyes:

cotonblanc instagram

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2014-10-06 à 20.11.08.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2014-10-06 à 20.11.08.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Capture d’écran 2014-10-06 à 20.11.21.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2014-10-06 à 20.11.21.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics