Balenciaga S/S 2015 Paris

It was nice enough, but the shapes look exactly the same as last spring's collection. It's just the fabric that looks different. The shoes were hideous.

I actually think this collection is okay, I've seen way worse from him (Resort 2015 anyone? :innocent:). The real problem with Wang at Balenciaga, at this point, is that he lacks the real depth that a brand with such a history like this one should necessarily have.

Blahh-lenciaga :lol: Wang needs to step up his game!

^^Pretty much this. This collection doesn't evoke my ire, but it it has no reason to exist (which might be worse). It doesn't speak to me. It's limited and shallow and completely unremarkable.

****, first I was like Balenciaga Great ! (And in my mind, I thought Ghesquiere for Louis Vuitton! Yes. Ghesquiere and Balenciaga are still connected in my brain somewhere) ... Then looked at the pictures, and was like "Are you serious Nicolas ? This is s### !" And then realized I was on the page of Balenciaga by Wang, not Vuitton by Ghesquiere ...

I am definitely a fan of Alex for Balenciaga. So many looks to love. Great collection! The only thing I have to say is that I would like to see some more diversity in the cast.

Whatever. I don't think there's much creativity in him.

those dresses look like bertoia chairs and for any dress to look like a bertoia chair is not a good look. this entire collection is so disconnected. seriously, you are the creative director of balenciaga and this is what you come up with ... i mean if it wasn't clear before that he was underqualified for this position i think it's blatantly obvious now.

I was just at the store on Mercer, everything looks atrocious, really shockingly bad.

This collection doesn't bode well for Spring.

I thought maybe Wang would grow after a couple of seasons but he's not. This collection is pretty bad. The house is over. RIP

Don't understand. He started off with a decent collection and a cute resort show but it's been downhill from there. Has he given Balenciaga an it Bag or Shoe? There's more creativity and cool in his main show. Balenciaga is just limping along now. I guess they sell enough moto bags.

I love Wang but for Balenciaga its a "love/hate" kind of appreciation. Why is he just pulling from Ghesquière interpenetration of the brand? I found the color choices to be safe choice. I did like the sunglasses though, I just wish amp up the luxuriousness a bit. I didn't hate nor love it, it was a rather safe collection with decent elements.

Last edited by a moderator:
the skirts look so unflattering, the glasses amateurish, in general a snoozefest. and it's balenciaga. i,m shocked. i give him two more seasons - then someone with more skills and deepness must save this brand, if that's even possible. Olivier Theyskens take over!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just at the store on Mercer, everything looks atrocious, really shockingly bad.

This collection doesn't bode well for Spring.

I thought maybe Wang would grow after a couple of seasons but he's not. This collection is pretty bad. The house is over. RIP

I barely pay a visit/attention to shops I don't like the designers related to ... But I was always fond of the shop on 22nd - oh wait it was Ghesquiere (first because it was in my Chelsea galleries walk, second just a few steps after CDG ...). But, I assume they closed this one after Sandy and opened on Mercer St. Isnt Wang store on Mercer, too ? How is it inside ? Is it still Dominique Gonzalez-Foerster who designs the shop ? What will they do with that space on 22nd - it is still there, empty (I do guess) and with a Balenciaga sign (if I remember correctly) ... ?

omg. am i making sense ?

This collection is really nice and I am totally digging the matrix look and the set too. I particularly love the long coats, the shoes and the glasses. It's nice to see all the details too and also great to see him experimenting a bit. Having said all that, this collection lacks depth and that's why it seems like a forgettable one. It feels very much like a collection done by a care-taker designer. There are lots of references to NG's S/S 09 and F/W 10 collections, but these look like overtly commercial interpretations of them. Let's also not forget the set which reminds me very much of that for NG's crusie collection at LV. The spark is missing, this is what he has to try to find now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->