BCBG Max Azria F/W 09.10 New York

No originality but its BCBG

Never been fond of this line although thru the years there have been some good pieces, however this collection is so obviously influenced by Balenciaga its really sad that they just cannot make their own statement rather then just imply looks of years past.

bcbg-r031-2009.02.13.23.34.48.1698825_base.jpg
bcbg-r032-2009.02.13.23.34.34.302491_base.jpg

bcbg-r033-2009.02.13.23.34.21.1712747_base.jpg
bcbg-r034-2009.02.13.23.34.07.63037_base.jpg

bcbg-r035-2009.02.13.23.33.53.502621_base.jpg
bcbg-r036-2009.02.13.23.33.41.3265510_base.jpg

bcbg-r037-2009.02.13.23.33.25.1570219_base.jpg

style.it

its boring

and half of the stuff we will see in stores won't be on the runway im sure

Can someone explain which parts of the collection are influenced by Balenciaga please?

bleh.....not digging it at all.
the gold leggings are hideous and makes the collection look mediocre...if that

I often like BCBG, so for me it's a great collection. I just thought that I like it more because I can see some Phi on it...

Can someone explain which parts of the collection are influenced by Balenciaga please?
The gold leggings, which apparently are all it takes for people to immediately say that the entire collection has been influenced by Balenciaga's S/S 07 robot collection. :rolleyes:

Seriously, is my memory failing me? When has Nicolas Ghesquiere shown drapey Grecian inspired satin, jersey and velvet? I see one cocoon coat that is reminiscent of Balenciaga (Cristobal Balenciaga that is) but seriously, since half of the fashion world has at some point or another been inspired by Cristobal's work I really think it's absurd to say that he's being uinoriginal because he was as well.

I seriously hate the tights (and find the Balenciaga comparison pretty thin at this point), but some of the clothes, though nothing special, are pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I often like BCBG, so for me it's a great collection. I just thought that I like it more because I can see some Phi on it...

I don't see Phi at all....Phi is sharp tailoring+lingerie elements and I don't see that here :huh:

Some pieces are pretty but the hideous tights and chunky shoes ruin it for me

Those tights definitely look cheap as a lot of people have said.

And the shoes are AWFUL lol.

They are detracting from the actual pieces some of which I actually like on second look at them

Pretty boring. I breezed through this collection. The tights are getting quite the attention though. I like one or two of the velvet dresses but there's nothing much to see here, folks.

I'm glad I'm not alone on my thoughts: I think this collection is a huge yawn.
And I would like to believe that I do not get bored that easily...

Max seems to have lost it for me. Kinda of a incoherent collection in my opinion. From satin, to tie dye, to velvet, to an abrupt structural, it's making no sense.
Yes, there's still the gorgeous drapes, but I thought that it looked better with last season's softness.

i think the tights will look good if Max lower down the colour tone..it's too goldy gold
and maybe add see through a lil

I like it. The tights are really interesting. Some lovely dresses that i would wear by myself. One in all lovely collection.

Just only some look is pretty good. The golden tight is a bit strange for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->