Ben Whishaw

^Ahh...you have such great taste in television shows! :flower: I feel like I'm the only one I know who watches The Hour, it sort of feels a bit underrated (at least here in America). The whole cast for The Hour is fantastic, and I'm a little bit in love with Bel's wardrobe. And I love how well Ben and Romola Garai work together, they play their characters and their complex relationship so well.

Part of an interview with Ben...
Whishaw, like Garai, was drawn to the character as written by Morgan. "Freddie is one of those characters you'd like to be more like, in real life. We're similar in that we're both a bit obsessive, but he's braver, bolder. He has absolute courage in his convictions. He's not a saint, but at the centre of him is something very admirable. I think it would be lovely to have that conviction, that very clear belief structure. I guess I wish I had that." Whishaw has a whimsical, meandering way of talking, and a tendency to start stories that don't go anywhere. (On clothes: "I once had a pair of jeans I really liked. I loved them, they were perfect! And then they fell apart and, um, well I didn't buy another pair.") His ideal day off, he says, would be wandering around the markets and flower markets in east London, where he lives. "I like to sort of drift about."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2012/oct/19/the-hour-1950s-bbc

The Hour is back on Wednesday 14th November. I have to admit I haven't watched any episodes but I will start watching it because Ben is just so brilliant. The guy is so underrated which is why I'm glad the likes of Spielberg are noticing him now.

Ben Whishaw - Bright Star

With Ben Whishaw in two prominent movies at the moment (Skyfall and Cloud Atlas), I wanted to post this video of him in one of my favourite movies and his best role to date - Bright Star.

Love to hear you thoughts on both him and his acting past and present.

he was so amazing in Perfume [his breakout role i believe]

^I'm so gutted by this news. :cry: The BBC sure knows how to ruin things. It's a shame because The Hour was one of the most smartly written shows currently on television. Ben was fantastic on it (as was the rest of the cast. Especially loved Romola's Bel Rowley)! And to cancel it with a cliff-hanger, what were the BBC thinking? :angry:

Anyways, Ben looks amazing in that editorial posted a week ago. Especially love the last picture, he has such a nice, thoughtful smile.

He's part of the Prada fall/winter 2013-14 campaign, shot by David Sims:
prada-menswear-fw13-campaign-ben-whishaw-373397_0x440.jpg

(vogue.it)
He looks amazing and he fits the clothes impeccably well :wub:

awwwwh he looks so lovely. i'll be so happy to see him in magazines soon :woot:

Oooh, I love that. Thanks for sharing, 5 8 6!

Seems like a great pairing between Ben and Prada, he wears the outfits so well. Looks very handsome in the adverts.

he was so amazing in Perfume [his breakout role i believe]

This is a super old comment, but yes, I totally agree, that is such an underrated film.

Happy for his landing the Prada campaign, he looks fantastic. I hope his star continues to rise and rise.

Ben Whishaw, photographed by Blair Getz Mezibov for Esquire UK, Dec 2015.

edenliaothewomb.tumblr

His new show, London Spy, just started on BBC2 and it's so crazy good !! Very suspenseful but really brilliant. Perfect material for Ben to show his immense talent ( and I'm officially in love with his co-star Edward Holcroft ).

I prefer him with shorter hair but the Esquire UK editorial is beautiful.

The New York Times (March 4, 2016) photographed by Jody Rogac

Source - edenliaothewomb.tumblr

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markrokusek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->