Best Bathrobe, Morning Coat, Kimono, etc.

Hanne

Storm & Sommer
Reaction score
They come in all shapes and sizes, called a numerous names and are made it an endless array of fabrics such as terry, cashmere, silk, satin..

we all wear them..personally I love nothing better than to lounge around in mine for the best part of the morning/noon, and I'm sure I'm not alone..

That being the case, I find that there are very few stylish, luxurious and warm (a must given the climate I live in) robes to be found, or any that suit my style.

What's your favorite ?

Do you think there is a particular designer or brand out there, making the best robes ?

I always use a robe, specially when I'm too lazy to wear something :D I don't know if there are any designers that do robes, mine I bought in a store that sells this kind of ''sleep'' products, it was cheap ...

What's your favorite ?

Do you think there is a particular designer or brand out there, making the best robes ?

I actually can't stand a robe in the morning or after a shower. I find them to be just a towel coat.

The reason I hate them is because you tie them but the front always manages to reveal your cash-and-prizes! :ninja:

I have two Frette bathrobes that I really like.
The first one is a terry cloth, and the second is a thin "waffle" print type one.

I actually can't stand a robe in the morning or after a shower. I find them to be just a towel coat.

The reason I hate them is because you tie them but the front always manages to reveal your cash-and-prizes! :ninja:
:rofl: :rofl: That is the best thing I've read all day! :lol:

I usually just wrap myself in a towel when I get out of the shower. I get cold easily, so I usually dress ASAP. When I feel like getting more buddled up though I will wear a robe that I got last year on sale after Christmas at Victoria's Secret. It's pretty darn cute. :P I also have a really cozy white robe from Bath and Body Works that is amazingly soft and cozy. I don't put it on too often though because it makes me feel like I could just fall asleep AND I don't want to ruin it or get it dirty. Me + White = Big Disaster Waiting to Happen. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love wearing robes, and as long as they're soft and warm I don't care what the brand is.

I have a kimono robe that I throw over when I get out of bed, but it's not very long and the sleeves only reach until the elbows, so it's more of a thing to wear in spring/summer. When I get out of the shower, I usually get dressed pretty quickly. No need for a fluffy robe.

^ I always put a robe on after a shower, even if I'm already dressed. :D Granted, I wear pajamas after my shower, so it's not too ridiculous, but still.

:lol:

What you need is a double-tie like my summer robe has, and you can customize it this way yourself ... just take 2 lengths of ribbon, about 8" long ... sew them at waist level, one to the R seam of the robe, the other to the L side of the robe. Tie the inner tie, and then the belt ... voila! :woot: No more cash & prizes!!

I wear mine just between my shower & getting dressed, rarely around the house. Maybe to the front door if someone I want to talk to appears unannounced. I do take the dogs into the backyard just before getting dressed, and I can be seen from the street if someone's looking at the right angle, so I do pay attention to the issue raised above :ninja:

I have one robe for summer, one for winter. The summer one is Christian Dior (licensed, not personally designed by John I'm sure if he was even there when I bought it years ago :wink:, and it's really cute. Woven blue and white mini check cotton, delicate white lace trim (like tatting), and double ties as described.

The other I bought for more eco than style reasons, though I did look for the prettiest organic cotton robe I could find. It's lavender cotton fleece & matches my bathroom. I believe the brand is Fischer-Henney.

I really can't stand wearing robes either. People have bought me them over the years and I've just never gotten into wearing them. I find the sleeves so big and volumous that they always get in the way and i'd rather just be in pj's wrapped in a blanket on the couch than a robe. My comfiest one though is one from the Versace Home collection (that my dad mysteriously got from Costco of all places....) and i try to wear it but.....

I just have a cheap bathrobe from Kohls or where ever it is that I got it. I love it though. It's really soft and comfortable and it's the same blue as Anna Karina's robe in Pierrot Le Fou, which is actually why I picked it. I'm more likely to wear it over my pajamas when I'm cold than when I come out of the bath, especially since I don't like how it sticks to me when I'm wet.

Luxurious Robes

I am thinking very luxurious. I want one that will last me a lifetime and each time I wear it I am reminded of how much I like it. I am prepared to pay a fair bit for it.

PLease give me suggestions. I am open to varying colours but adore a bit of fur trim and want it long.

The one below is $6,000 !!! - too much but I adore it. Similar ones appreciated

Thanks

NMI9105_mn.jpg

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?cmCat=search&itemId=prod57410012

I've only ever attempted to use a robe once in my life and it was startling awkward. Usually, I bring the clothes I want to wear after a shower into the bathroom so that I change into them directly without the need to use a robe. After a shower, if i feel like it i'd rather just walkaround with a blanket around my shoulders. My roomate at school uses a robe all the time and whenever I see him wearing one I can't take him seriously lol. Robes just don't make sense to me.

^ I will be sure not to let you see me in my robe then :lol:

Land's End makes a cashmere robe that a lot of people like, but as documented elsewhere on tFS, it's not exactly fair trade cashmere :ninja:

I'd suggest shopping for this kind of thing at Christmas time ...

I've decided it's time to replace my summer robe, but ... there are a lot of ugly robes out there :shock: Any recommendations?

nordstrom, neimanmarcus

Here's what I got (Eileen West, on sale:(

Next best option (Oscar de la Renta:(

You made a great choice with the Eileen West robe! I've never worn a short robe before, just long ones. I should probably look into them, since the latter isn't exactly ideal for stuffy summer weather.

^ Thanks :flower: It's shorter than the robe I have now, which is lightweight cotton & long-sleeved. My bathroom doesn't have any A/C vents, so I definitely can't be wearing my winter robe in the summertime ...

I've decided it's time to replace my summer robe, but ... there are a lot of ugly robes out there :shock:

Hence why I started this thread :lol:

It's amazing the quality designer accessories that you can find.. but when it comes to robes.. so incredibly few designers seem to explore the possible market..

..And when designers actually do include robes in their lines it's usually those who are designing EVERYTHING ..hello Ralph Lauren (so why not also robes) ..and most do 'safe' designs without taking any risks..

We want thought through designs, intricate patterns, intersting shapes, details.. in our dresses, jackets, etc etc but when it comes to robes.. where are they on the market ?

:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->