Best mens leather jacket?

Hi there...i would really appreciate some inputs from the lads here please...its regarding italian jackets sizing...i wanna buy a friend of mine a jacket an aramni motorcycle jacket...my friend wears M ( his t-shirts tops everything is M)...Now my issue here is, in terms of italian sizing 48 or 50? I checked Neiman Marcus sizing table and 48 was S, whereas Saks had 48 as M. I know that the american sizing differs than the italian sizing, can anyone give me some tips or input in this matter?:smile: thank u so much:flower:

Dulcisima, sizing will vary from maker to maker, and perhaps even between items from the same designer.

Your best bet is to get actual measurements of the garment and compare them to measurements of a jacket that fits your friend well.

Your next best bet is a good exchange policy.

Well... As far as European sizes go, 48 usually equals M.

But like tangerine says, it can vary. I bought a cashmere size M from Cains Moore and when it arrived it was huge, the label said M/50...

Thanks Tangerine and tott...I ordered a M motorcycle leather jacket ( Aramani Jeans) the cut seems very fitted, so i am not sure how it will look on him...I hope it fits perfectly, coz that jacket is sold out almost everywhere...I actually called up Aramni Jeans stores in Italy, UK and Germany, they told me that it was a fast selling item and dont have that item anymore...I found it on nm.com but it was last piece...so i am hoping it will be his size:( thanks for the input though,....but i dont get the 50 and 48 measuring sizes....does 48 mean chest size or shoulder?

European sizes like 48 are based on the chest size. It's the chest measurement (96 cm around) divided in half. (Clothes are then made to fit someone with that measurement, so the actual clothes are larger around the chest.)

Last edited by a moderator:
besides vintage. does anyone know where to find nice leather jackets for very slim guys? (35in chest) thanks

Japanese brands: Lad Musician, Julius, The Viridi-Anne

Others: old Dior Homme (new ones suck), Balenciaga, Rick Owens, Nicolas Andrea Taralis, Ann Demeulemeester, Margiela

Pretty much every designer that makes a size 44 and 46 (try both and then decide) will do. You'll have more choice in asia as some NA and EU retailers don't order size 44.

can't go wrong with Japanese brands.
they are usually well made and rather cheap in comparison to designer brands of course.

but if money is not an issue.

RICK OWENS!!!!

Is the leather jacket Justin is wearing on the cover of GQ William Rast? It says its $700, where can I get it?

Armani did a fabulous fox lined one for FW 08/09 actually - that was my favourate

f90ca56a272b4924f626bf4dd09b3d563e17e884-200.jpg

D&G
55a09d5b6cda65a9d10c7c4da92c3484cbc8b868-200.jpg

DSquared2
both stylefeeder.com

These are hot leathers.

skunkindunks: may you send me the link to that d&g jacket. I'm kind of in love with it and can't find it

skunkindunks: may you send me the link to that d&g jacket. I'm kind of in love with it and can't find it

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=02142&des=&cat=41&gender=men&group=clothing&vendorColor=TjAwMDA=&season=actual&seasProdID=50I

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myegotakesover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->