Best Red Carpet Style

BooBah

Reaction score
unlike most, i really cant apprecate nicole kidmans fashion choices. something about her for me always seems a bit boring. i dont know.

anyhoo, although i cant pic a favourite (at the moment), here are some of my favourite hollywood couture moments...

julia roberts in vintage valentino
kate winslet in ben de lisi
cameron diaz at the 2002 oscars
kate hudson at 2003 oscars
maggie gyllenhall at 2005 oscars
natalie portman in lanvin
renee zellwegger at 2004 oscars (tho a bit bridal)
51598729.jpg

51703853.jpg

52253944.jpg

52253817.jpg

3028846.jpg

oscars3.jpg

oscars2.jpg

actually, although i know loads will disagree with this, i have to say that wen therye not looking hobo-candid, the olsens twins never fail to look perfect at formal events. e.g.

50792329.jpg
50792291.jpg

50800287.jpg

50784872.jpg

actually, maybe just ashley when it comes to getting all dolled up...

52952988.jpg

52749757.jpg

i love the way their choices are always innovative and still tasteful, rather that just safe and nice. :heart:

(also, me choosing the olsens does not mean that i also like lindsay lohan, nicole ritchie, etc. i think the olsens are in a comletely different league when it comes to understanding style)

I'm not really into MOST celebrities's taste for clothes. Most of the time I just don't get it, to put it mildly. However, I think Milla Jovovich's got a nice style (and I like what she designs also), and, probably Sarah Jessica Parker.

And Angelina Jolie is OK. At least she doesn't look like trying to make you laugh.

catherine zeta jones -- she reminds me of a younger elizabeth taylor.

i agree with boobah as im still young and i like what they wear 2 events as mutch as i like cate and nicoles style it suits they bt im only 21 so i look 2 ppl like rachel, milla,the olsans and nicole !!

i take aspects from every1 style but i still like 2 dress my age !

i changed the title of this thread to something that made a bit more sense...:flower:

Favorite Red Carpet Style

What is your fave celeb fashion on the red carpet at the moment? Is it Keira with her gorgeous white strapless gown or maybe you prefer Scarlett Johansson's red number?

my picks: nicole kidman, cate blanchett, sarah jessica parker, keira knightley, anna mouglalis and vanessa paradis are consistent. there are other celebrities who have some red carpet moments that i really love.

^^^ Funny you should mention Kidman. I think her red carpet style (and otherwise) is so overrated it's not even funny. From the photos you posted, only one (the fourth) is actually good. The rest are so-so at best. I think there was a period a few years back when she made a few good choices and people proclaimed her the queen of red carpet. Since then she's been dressing ok to bad and yet everyone still considers her the queen or red carpet. I think Renee Zellweger, Charlize Theron, Catherine Zeta Jones to name a few, have way better red carpet style.

MyNameIs said:
^^^ Funny you should mention Kidman. I think her red carpet style (and otherwise) is so overrated it's not even funny. From the photos you posted, only one (the fourth) is actually good. The rest are so-so at best. I think there was a period a few years back when she made a few good choices and people proclaimed her the queen of red carpet. Since then she's been dressing ok to bad and yet everyone still considers her the queen or red carpet. I think Renee Zellweger, Charlize Theron, Catherine Zeta Jones to name a few, have way better red carpet style.

it's because you only look at the surface. quite frankly i don't see anything special in the way those three actresses you mentioned dress. catherine: sparkly, satine gowns from versace, charlize: quite unoriginal and boring (except at the 2005 golden globe awards which i love by the way) take away her sexuality and she'll not be as likeable as most people make her out to be, and renee: carolina herrera strapless. i have nothing against those three but their style is not even comparable to nicole's. just my opinion:flower:

here's my list which i also posted in another thread:

1. nicole kidman, audrey hepburn and cate blanchett: class and elegance
2. sarah jessica parker, selma blair and kate moss: pixie glamour, boho chic
3. anna mouglalis, vanessa paradis and amanda harlech: european sensibility
4. jennifer connelly, amira casar and charlotte gainsbourg: one word- balenciaga
5. gwyneth paltrow, queen rania of jordan and countess sally albemarle: clean and no fuss

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, is it Tear Down Other People's Opinion Time?

I love, LOVE Keira's Missoni dress that she wore to the DOMINO premiere.

People look at Catherine Zeta Jones because she is a beautiful woman, not necessarily for her personal fashion style which some people consider boring and overrated.

To me, Cate Blanchett is the true queen of Hollywood fashion. All others are pretenders to the throne.

^ oh you're back. of course she is. aren't you so subtly good at that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->