Black / African Hair Tips

me too it's curly after i wash my hair. i guess i'll have to cut it

me too it's curly after i wash my hair. i guess i'll have to cut it

Good luck with that-it's a pretty big jump and really scary. I spent the next few days after my "jump" with a baseball cap on my head. Even now, it's really hard to resist getting a perm and just wearing it straight all the time.

Maybe you should see a professional hair stylist who will really study your hair. The best ones, and the few, always know your hair and don't lump into catagories along with others. Plus, he/she can give you other options and suggestions. Good Luck!:flower:

Heat Damage

I have natural hair that I got straightened a couple of months ago. I still have straight pieces that's causing me major distress, I've cut some off, but I don't if that was the right decision, since I heard it is possible for it to revert. Should I just cut the rest off or keep it there?

Also, does anyone use miss jessie's products? Specifically the rapid recovery treatment?

I have natural hair that I got straightened a couple of months ago. I still have straight pieces that's causing me major distress, I've cut some off, but I don't if that was the right decision, since I heard it is possible for it to revert. Should I just cut the rest off or keep it there?

Also, does anyone use miss jessie's products? Specifically the rapid recovery treatment?

I haven’t straightened my hair in years but when it was straight from the flat iron, it didn’t revert back. :( I had these weird pieces that wouldn’t curl again. You may have to cut those damaged areas off.

I haven’t used Miss Jessie's products and frankly turned off by the price AND the fact they wont list their ingredients online. I dont mind spending $$, but I want to know what I'm getting.

Hey ladies. I'm of African descent and I would recommend putting as little products on your hair as possible. And leave the grease ALONE lol (unless in emergencies). i'm natural, and it's almost armpit length now after I stopped relaxing a year ago.

You don't have to cut your hair if you want to go natural, you can braid, weave, twist your hair until the natural hair reaches your desired length. I'm currently weaving it till it get's to the lenght of the lady in this video...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QDOPWlDylV4&feature=PlayList&p=6BB6298CC73861D5&index=0

Thank you so much for posting this video, sidewalk snob!! Karma for you. :flower:

My hair's already long, but I suck at styling it. It's like a huge, thick lion mane. I'll follow the instructions in the video ... maybe I can finally learn how to tame it. :D

The video is no longer available...:(

I use Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding and Buttercreme, and LOVE them. I have natural hair and have ALWAYS had natural hair. It moisturizes my scalp and makes my hair very soft and bouncy.

I also use Keracare Conditioning Creme on my ends.

i had so much trouble finding the right thing for my hair, because i'm mixed and my hair are not too curly but not too straight.. for the ones who straighten their hair.. i know a star buy... from Elsève de l'Oréal, combined with the shampoo from that line, it's a dream.

product-530774.jpg

Ford Models has a video up about how to style kinky hair:

<snip>
When my hair was natural, it looked exactly like hers, but my hair was so thick and took so long to condition/manage that I got fed up and just relaxed it. This video makes me want to go natural again! :heart:

This video is excellent! Thanks for posting:flower:

I did all of those styles (save the ponytail..my head is too big) when I had my 'fro. The bobby pin thing is so true! LOL!! :lol:

I've started locks again (with extensions this time) and it's working & quite convenient for now(we have three young children). My long term plan is to comb them out...I did this before, much to my own shock because I always thought locks were forever and had to be cut away. Maybe because of the latchhooking, for my hair and many other people's the locks can be deep conditioned and patiently combed out.

Michelle Iman, if I were you, I'd stop relaxing it. why not straighten it with a flat iron instead? that works just fine. the relaxer will thin your hair out. i thought i had eczema on my head too--till i stopped relaxing it.

Does anybody know how to take out sewn in weaves?, this weave is irritating the CRAP out of me!:yuk::yuk::yuk: Please help:cry:

I know this is probably a wig, but how do you get a fro to do this?

Attachments

• 39ut1.jpg
    39ut1.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 4
Does anybody know how to take out sewn in weaves?, this weave is irritating the CRAP out of me!:yuk::yuk::yuk: Please help:cry:

Carefully lift the tracks and cut the thread...make your sure you don't cut your hair I've done that before, and ones the tracks are out loosen the canerows. Did you just get it done? Is it tight?

yea like two weeks ago, now its getting loose

Blisskin--- you need to have xtremly thick, course curly hair that naturally hangs down to get that look. next just brush out your own natural curls, blowdry your hair halfway, or put rollers in your hair and brish the curls out.

but if you naturally have a more typical fro---you can't get htat look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->