Black Denim...

i find black jeans to be a bit difficult to wear..same for extremely light blue jeans. dont know why i always felt sorry for people who wear them. :huh: :unsure:

^ :lol: That really tickles me for some reason!! Feeling sorry for us... struck by the black jeans plague :P

It's interesting. You're the second person who said you find them hard to wear. I think they're super easy to wear. I just treat them like really dk blue denim. Anything that goes with those goes with my black denim (or off-black I should say...)

Just bought a pair of skinny black jeans and i love them <3 I think they're cool

I'm wearing "black", well more like charcoal g-star jeans right now. They're a super low straight leg fit. I love 'em. Right now I'm wearing them with a vintage black/black/gold striped cowboy shirt and purple belt.

black jeans are no way close to as classy as blue jeans
however black jeans that are a little sandblasted and sprayed look very classy on checked shirts
blacks gotta remain dark black with whiter faded parts, look real class

look out for levis discharged black jeans and bobbys harcore black frayed jeans

wow I haven't wore black jeans since like...6th grade lol

I've always been scared to buy another pair because they fade so easily

whay dya think bout these carbon affected blacks

Attachments

• HL 2520 B.JPG
    HL 2520 B.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 4
^I don't care for them.

I don't see how blue jeans are classier than black jeans. I think the exact opposite. And blue jeans are typically viewed as the most casual piece of clothing in existence, far from "classy".

softgrey said:
jeans to me is the worst of this type of offense...
it just requires no thought or effort...
which just bores me...:innocent:

:(

softie you should read some of the threads on superfuture.com (supershopper thread) if you think that people don't "think" about denim. You'll be amazed; there are some serious, serious denim nerds around, who do take it v seriously and do think about it a lot.

You are of course right about it essentially being sloth for more people, but denim is a great fabric and great things can be done with it. It's just that really terrible things are done with it too, and everything is lumped together in the generic term "jeans".

pureChris - I absolutely feel the same way about jeans and trousers - literally exactly the same. I feel like I'm "dressed up" wearing just about any kind of trousers that aren't jeans. I even feel dressed up in black jeans!! I have a pair of Junya cotton black jeans from AW 2003/4 that I never wear basically because they're not blue. Part of their appeal, for men, is that they are not precious things, they are meant to be worn-in, so I guess men feel that it's a good thing that they project the idea that they haven't made any effort. The problem is that it allows men then to "peacock up" with the rest of their outfit (since that's what they want to do really) - hence the "classic" jeans with untucked dress shirt, blazer, bright striped sweater etc etc. I have to fight against this thought process myself!!

AlexN said:
^I don't care for them.

I don't see how blue jeans are classier than black jeans. I think the exact opposite. And blue jeans are typically viewed as the most casual piece of clothing in existence, far from "classy".

dude...blues are a classier lot, though they r casual wear, blue washed jeans reflect a lot of class if they are well fitted

AMOF a white shirt and a good fitted good washed indigo jeans make a real classic combo

i really like this.for me black jeans have always screamed goth ever so lound.i guess the goths will have to find someother way to be different now.
in addition i'm going outside now to burn my black 504's:P

knight_079 said:
dude...blues are a classier lot, though they r casual wear, blue washed jeans reflect a lot of class if they are well fitted

AMOF a white shirt and a good fitted good washed indigo jeans make a real classic combo
We'll agree to disagree. I think a white shirt and blue jeans is the laziest outfit that ever existed, not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just not classy. Maybe we define classy differently. To each his own...

i'd have some issues wearing black denim, love the dark blue...
as for jeans as in general, well, it has more meaning to me as any other clothing piece, memories-wise, to blame was just the place&time i used to live - it was difficult to buy jeans, and they were forbidden to wear at school...so it remained special for many years:lol::cry:

i am guilty i have one pair of black denium jeans... they are so tight... they should be demeed too sexy... i rarely wear them though... only if i feel like going greese 2 bad girl i will wear them with a black hardcore dior top or black strappy bodysuit and pumps.. :unsure: hope that doesnt make me unfashionable :cry:

:blush:

Practically my uniform.

Emi

AlexN said:
We'll agree to disagree. I think a white shirt and blue jeans is the laziest outfit that ever existed, not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just not classy. Maybe we define classy differently. To each his own...

I used to think black jeans were the tackiest thing ever. The seemed to be reminiscent of the worst part of the 80's to me. But then I started to see Alison Mosshart (VV) of the Kills wearing them all the time and now I'm totally converted. Does anyone know where I can find non-80's properly faded and slim fitted black jeans?

don't own any black jeans anymore......how do you care for them? Dry clean? Wash?

Same as any other pairs of jeans you own, just put them in the wash and hang dry them.

I love black denim, but only if it does not look like it is denim...... :blink: How ironic? Well what I mean is like a thick denim like fabric in a very opaque black.

I love my skinny leg black jeans.......!!!! :heart:

Though I don't really see them as a trend since most people who wear them have been wearing them forever....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->