Denim Fanatics

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by mikeijames, Mar 18, 2004.

1. tott

tott slightly dizzy

I think this is a very nice blazer, actually. I would consider wearing it myself! I'm afraid it also proves my point: it's definitely casual.

I don't see how this could be "respectable" worn with any shirt or tie... I assume you mean traditional/formal when you say respectable?

2. Orochian

Orochian New Member

Yes, respectable as in impeccably put-together and dignified, or "formal", as you like to call it.

3. kathween555

kathween555 New Member

i heart jeans. i can eat, sleep, and breathe sevens, citizens, and diesels

4. babyd0ll

babyd0ll New Member

I loove jeans! I wear them on almost a daily basis. I do, however, have one problem with them - I can never find any that fit my body perfectly; sometimes even the smallest size is too big around my waist and they are usually too long for my legs.

White jeans are nice. The only thing I've got against them is that they are easy to get dirty.

5. ellephantt

ellephantt New Member

american eagle jeans are really hot around where i live but i can't come up with a pair that really fits me - they're either too tight or just a bit too loose, or they seem to fit but then they stretch all out of shape.

6. Fade to Black

Fade to Black New Member

I love denim...not a fan of the current American designer denim craze (i.e. Sevens, True Religion, Citizens, etc.) It's gotten to the point where I'm only happy in either Levi's 501 or Dior Homme. I would also like to add that I dislike white jeans heavily...white pants in general, for that matter, I find they are a bit too gigolo looking. Maybe that's just me though. And denim blazers aren't my cup of tea either, especially with all those street brands like Evisu, Triple 5 Soul, etc. putting out variations of it...I dunno it just doesn't really seem appropriate to me (However there was a black Undercover denim blazer I saw in a magazine that I liked). I love a classic, worn-in jean jacket anytime though.

7. kimair

kimair frozen

i love jeans and probably have way too many pairs than i need... :innocent:

i usually check out a new brand and see what they're all about before buying...but then buy a few pairs if i like the fit. right now my faves are earnest sewn (from the guy who started paper denim & cloth, another fave of mine).

i've been searching for the perfect "pitch black" pair of jeans forever (kind of like finding a good pair of denim "trousers"), and i like white cords more than white jeans. i've got a great pair of levis premiums...

8. knight_079

knight_079 New Member

the most important thing in jeans is the fit
    the mens antifit baggy jeans dont gel well with the rugged look, they look more funky than anything else

a slight boot cut "read boot cut and not flare" shaped around the hip and thighs gives a great rugged fit suiting all these washes hapennin at the moment

some of the best fits are offered by diesel, guess, bob martini,

9. knight_079

knight_079 New Member

if u look at the 2 images, both are very good jeans with excellent washes
    however the second one appeals more than the baggy one

10. divakate

divakate New Member

I'm a complete denim addict, and when I find a style I like, I stick with it. I'm dying to try the drainpipe sass and bides, if you have long thin legs, I think drainpipes are the only style to wear. I DESPISE boot-cuts, and will only wear straight leg or tapered.

My only problem is that I'm really freaking tall and a small size, so its next to impossible to find jeans in my size/legnth.

11. knight_079

knight_079 New Member

divakate, i agree for a tall person like you, boot cuts are DESPISING
    boot cuts are actually designed to make you look taller
    try bobbys in style hl501, really solved a major height problem for a friend of mine

12. shoexgal

shoexgal New Member

Yes I wear something denim everyday..I don't know what pant's I'd wear if denim didn't exist. They are the new black pants